TV and Films

Comments

• I know I'm late to the party but have started The Blacklist.

Really enjoying it. ;thumbsup

Up to episode 8 so far.
  • Me too. I've watched quite a few of the 'recommended by this thread' shows on Netflix.
  • Me too Suz ;thumbsup I did use lovefilm streaming (which is now amazon prime I believe) but got really fed up with it as it didn't seem to get very current releases and what it did have didn't interest me.

I still have a lovefilm subscription but I only get the DVD's sent by post.
  • Anyone watch Gotham ?

- Ed Enigma (Riddler)
    - Oswald Cobblepot (Penguin)
    - (hints towards Bane with the Venom serum / Viper Serum)
    - Harvey Dent in next episode (Twoface)
    - Cat (Cat Woman)
    - Bruce Wayne (Batman)
    - Alfred

I am expecting the big one to be "the Joker". With maybe a Harley Quinn to make an appearance (might be too young).

hard to think of other Batman Villians who will enter the Fray.

Mr Freeze ? Poison Ivy (although i reckon there was a hint of her in it in one episode as a small girl)
  • Yeold

Yes, and thoroughly enjoying it!
  • Me too, I think Gotham is really very good.
  • edited December 2014
    Overall I think Netflix is better. Has lots of good off-beat options and is better organised. Amazon prime seems to have more popular TV shows but the interface is really rubbish. That makes a big difference because it can be frustrating, even with netflix, trying to find something good to watch.

Also, with Netflix you can just switch on a VPN and access the US version. Don't know if that works with Amazon.
  • Twist - you see the latest episode of Homeland mate? Thought it was up there with the best since the show began. ;ok

Really praying this season is not going to end with Saul's death, but I have a horrible feeling...
    Watched it last night mate and agree, top episode. Homeland at its best when your stressed and have no idea what will happen. I'm starting to like Lockhart too!

Wonder what will happen to the ambassador husband, hope that woman gets found out too!
  • Glad Saul never escaped as that would of been stupid, fantastic series....
  • Twist/Pards ;ok

Really upped it's game the last 3 episodes.

Would recommend anybody who gave up on Homeland to watch season 4 as a stand alone series. ;ok
  • For sure mate
    See that caught the leader of Islamic States wife today!!
  • I reckon Carrie will start to feed false info to mess them up. Sure there will be yet another twist at the end of the next episode. Agree re Lockhart as I thought he was an ignorant wosname last series but he seems to have come good.
  • Same. ;ok

Hated Lockhart last season but he has grown on me this series. Couple of quality lines in Sunday's episode had me laughing.

But I won't repeat. ;sofa
  • Me to Luke lol
    Excellent drama
  • edited December 2014
    New Bond film unveiled as 'Spectre':
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/30308894

;wahoo
  • DB10 !!!!

;wahoo
  • ;carew ;bowdown ;carew
  • Pard's, Luke, Thorn ;ok

The ambassador really annoys me. Seems oblivious to the real problems happening. Needed Lockhart to be a bit more blunt. At first he was annoying but really grown to him.
  • Twist
    People who work for me say I'm the same as Lockhart an abrupt so and so lol
    I might add I'm twenty years younger:)
  • edited December 2014
    Now everytime I see Lockhart I'm going to think Pards. ;lol
  • Oh could be worse I could of said carrie lololololol
  • I watched 21 Jump Street last night. I wasn't expecting anything of it, but I found it pretty funny
  • Good film Wrath, the second one is miles better though!
  • started to re watch 'The Wire' on box sets, and now I'm hooked again
    GRRRR! ;biggrin
  • Anyone else watch The Apprentice?
  • edited December 2014
    A friend told me about two shows.

Fringe - an X-File-ish/ weird science show with its very own mad scientist (complete with cow...), sinister multinational corporation and a plucky FBI heroine. Watched the pilot and it looks to be a cracker. Perfect if you're a box-setter, as it has had 5 seasons (100 episodes) and is finished. Reviews generally had it as a slow-burner that bloomed (if I can mix my metaphors.)

Also, The Strain, which looks to be a new take on the vampire thing. Again, pilot looked good if you are a horror/gore fan. First season finished with a 2nd in production.
  • edited December 2014
    2 more episodes of Black List.

Very ;hmm ;wahoo ;nonono ;lol ;tumbleweed a bit more ;lol and a further helping of ;nonono
  • annoyed that Blacklist and Walking dead on "Mid season" breaks damn the US and there mid season breaks !!!!!!!!!

Back to Atlantis with Mark Addy and Gotham :( oh and Marvels Agents of Shield !!!!!!