TV and Films

Comments

• TV and Films?

This has got Lost written all over it...
  • Luke, thoughts on Homeland this week? ;hmm
  • TV and Films?

This has got Lost written all over it...
    ;lol ;bowdown
    Thought it was decent mate. I think it's building to a dramatic last few episodes (I reckon one of the main supporting cast members is going to die).

Liked the focus on Carrie's medication. One of my big gripes with Homeland is that the brilliant first season was all about her, a brilliant intelligence officer who was struggling with her judgement because of her illness and the error she felt she made over 9/11, but that was great because we never knew if she was paranoid or actually spot on. There was always that doubt.

But since season 1, that theme which was one of the main themes has been pushed into the background and only occasionally hinted at. It makes it so much more intriguing because you don't know what she's seeing, doing, the decisions she makes etc.
  • Loving...

Gotham
    Marvels Agents of Sheild
    Flash
    Atlantis

;wahoo
  • edited November 2014
    me to Suzanne although i have not seen Flash yet. !

Agents of Shield tomorrow weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Agent Simmons ;carew Agent Morse ;carew Agent May ;carew Agent Skye ;carew

Atlantis is jokes :D Mark Addy is awesome. Love how they use the same bit of woods for all the wood scenes and same backdrop when setting off away from Atlantis as if everything is in the same direction lol.
  • edited November 2014
    Atlantis is jokes :D Mark Addy is awesome. Love how they use the same bit of woods for all the wood scenes and same backdrop when setting off away from Atlantis as if everything is in the same direction lol.

;lol yes, and why does it take them 3/4 of an episode to get were they are going yet 1/4 of an episode to get back.
  • oh and they are always losing their horses.

#careless
    Thought it was decent mate. I think it's building to a dramatic last few episodes (I reckon one of the main supporting cast members is going to die).

Liked the focus on Carrie's medication. One of my big gripes with Homeland is that the brilliant first season was all about her, a brilliant intelligence officer who was struggling with her judgement because of her illness and the error she felt she made over 9/11, but that was great because we never knew if she was paranoid or actually spot on. There was always that doubt.

But since season 1, that theme which was one of the main themes has been pushed into the background and only occasionally hinted at. It makes it so much more intriguing because you don't know what she's seeing, doing, the decisions she makes etc.
    I agree mate. Although Carrie really does annoy me. Not so much this episode but the one before. Where she was with Ayan. I know she was trying to recruit him but to not answer her phone, when Quinn kept ringing her about Saul ;doh

To be put in this role as head station chief is mad. Her head is all over the place. Making ridiculous decisions like saying 'take the shot' when Saul was in danger. What would they do without Quinn? Not sure what is going to happen to Carrie now she is with that guy? Do we think he is dodgy?
  • I didn't get on with Homeland, I liked the first series well enough, I just found series 2 really hard work.

Might try again though.
  • Gotham has been better than I thought it would really enjoyed this weeks episode with the Penguin and his schemes
  • It's excellent take on an old story...
  • I didn't get on with Homeland, I liked the first series well enough, I just found series 2 really hard work.

Might try again though.
    Same as ;ok
  • I managed 2 or 3 episodes and couldn't be bothered to watch any further. ;puzzled
  • edited November 2014
    I want to see the Paddinton Bear movie.

And I've just seen a trailer for the new Star Wars film BUT it's not out until December 2015 ;weep
  • ;hmm

I couldn't get on with the prequels. Do you think this new trilogy is going to more like the original/proper Star Wars?

#showingmyage
  • edited November 2014
    I do yes, they follow on from what we know as the third film with an older Luke, Leia and Han Solo. Chewy is in it too ;ok
  • edited November 2014
    the trailer looks awesome

• edited November 2014
    Best bit about the JW trailer is the cool, slowed down, piano Jurassic Park theme tune. It looks like a glorified B movie. Some of that CGI?

Which is annoying as Jurassic Park is one of my all time favourites.
  • Yeold

It's fantastic ;wahoo
  • Has anyone watched the US version Masterchef? It's so scripted it's hilarious.
  • BBC are repeating the 1970s version of the day of the triffids. If you like your drama with a nostalgic feel ;ok
  • Wobbly sets ;wahoo
  • Agents of Shield :) Bobby ;carew Simmons ;carew May ;carew Skye ;carew
  • edited December 2014
    Twist - you see the latest episode of Homeland mate? Thought it was up there with the best since the show began. ;ok

Really praying this season is not going to end with Saul's death, but I have a horrible feeling...
  • Bang on Luke homeland is superb!!
    Also the missing on bbc 1 is gripping
  • Can anyone help me? I'm not terribly knowledgable about tv options, but I have decided to get some sort of film/tv package. Which is best, Netflix or Amazon Prime?
  • Personally I think Netflix is better