TV and Films

Comments

• Just started watching Legends (Sean Bean ) and Forever (Ioan Gruffold ) both seem promising need to watch a few more see if the story remains interesting
  • They advertised on TV last night that season 3 of the Blacklist will start on the 08/11....

Currently my favourite program on TV...
  • Season 3 ?

They only just started Season 2 4 episodes in and yes its brilliant !
  • Yep Yeold, never really understand why release dates are so different country by country.

But in this case a positive to living in Belgium...
  • According to friends in Australia they are only getting season 3 of the walking dead or something now ? they are ages behind.
  • My top recommendations for TV that are still going i believe

1. House of Cards
    2. Game of Thrones
    3. The Walking Dead
    4. The Mentalist
    5. The Blacklist
    6. Suits
    7. Breaking Bad *yes another series coming confirmed*
    8. Sherlock Holmes (heard another 3 episodes is in the making)
    Yep good list that, didn't watch 4 or 8 and only the first seson of 5 (wife watches it)

Would add Homeland to that list for me.
  • ''Peaky Blinders'' First series not so good, second series better
  • edited November 2014
    Don't think this has been mentioned.

I just started watching Gotham, and it is very good.

Set just after the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents, it shows a young James Gordon (later Commissioner) as an idealistic young detective partnered with a cynical and possibly corrupt veteran. Sean Pertwee has fun with the role of Alfred.

Also plans to develop the back stories to a range of classic Batman villains.

Excellent production values, it's a bit like a cross between NYPD Blue and Who Framed Roger Rabbit, with the fantasy element of Gotham matched with an almost realist New York-like city.

Very enjoyable so far.
  • I'd say Batty actually, and I don't mean Nora ;biggrin
  • Grey, saw that advertised ALOT but forgot to watch the first one so just left it. Worth a watch then?

Luke, v.disappointed with Homeland.
  • grey - watched shout 30 mins of the premiere and thought it was too cheesy. Maybe should watch again.

Twist - I think it's decent so far. Is meant to pick up in the next coupes of episodes. I think they're slowly putting the building blocks in place.
  • Twist

Definitely, imo, assuming you like the modern Batman franchise.

Luke

I'd say it takes a couple or three episodes to find its feet properly. It's trying (and managing, imo) to find the balance between 'comic book' and police procedural.
  • Excellent

We've recorded it but haven't got around to watching it yet.
  • Luke, how cheesy in comparison to Arrow? Because that was something special.
  • Outcast

Haven't seen Arrow, but did watch 1 1/2 episodes of The Flash, which is clearly the same stable (Arrow has a v brief appearance.)

Gotham, to me is all-round better, in terms of storyline, story-arc, production values and writing.
  • Watching Arrow, the Flash, Gotham, Leftovers, Under the Dome, Defiance - Atalntis starts a new series next Sat on the beeb so thats on the cards.

Being a big fan of comic books in the '60's & '70's technology has caught up with my imagination. Wasn't sure about Gotham at first, but like the way it is developing and already bringing in some of the villains before they became what we see in the Batman Films etc.

Leftovers only started watching due to the connection the writers of Lost and it and Under the Dome because it appelas to my sense of ;hmm for trying to work out exactly what is really going on.

Defiance and Atlantis (also Grimm and a few others) as they fit in with some of my prefered reading (Science Fiction/Fanatasy) mainy as when reading I paint the story in my mind where I form my version of the characters and these sort of series fit in with that. That's why I had and still have some issues with Game of Thrones, I read the books first and a lot of the charaterisations for the shows did not and some still do not match how I envisioned them.
  • About to start Southlands. Was shown on More 4 or something like that for a while but never got round watching it.
  • I've just started Blacklist... watched the first three episodes last night and would have watched the fourth but I couldn't keep my eyes open.
  • Suz, good call ;thumbsup

James Spader ;bowdown
  • I know! He is so good in it, if not a bit creepy.
  • Suz

And it gets better!
  • edited November 2014
    ;wahoo

The_lodger has been watching it and did a ceremonial had over of the DVDs yesterday when I got back from the match... he watched 12 episodes in one go ;nonono
  • Thankfully his sabbatical ends today and he's back at work tomorrow. So no more staying up all night...
  • ;lol Well, you say 'thankfully' ... but he might prefer a different word. ;whome
  • He does, yes ;lol
  • really enjoying Agents of Shield this season, its like they upgraded the budget ten fold with the CGI and some better actors.
  • Yeold, I haven't watched it (or last season apart from one) but what I read is the main reason they continued with it was to extend the storyline between the last Avengers movie and the next. A bit like how the last Iron Man movie referenced the Avengers movie.
    But that's only going to work if you make people want to watch, which would explain the improvement.
  • Anyone been watching Missing, on BBC one? Recorded the first 2, any good?
  • First class drama Twist, looking forward to the next one