TV and Films

Comments

• Greys, started The Blacklist season 2 yet?
  • Anyone watching The Leftovers on Sky Atlantic I can't quite decide if its good or not
  • Walking Dead and Blacklist new seasons ftw
  • what season is the walking dead up to?
  • Walking Dead just started Season 5
  • I think I still need to watch the second half of season 4. Might download that and put it on the tablet.
    Must admit it got some funny looks on the train first thing in the morning, someone sat next to me, started to eat their breakfast on the train, got put off by a zombie chewing someones face off :)
  • 2nd half of season 4 has some good episodes a couple of character focused ones and overall pretty decent finale setting up for series 5
  • OOOoo I am SO hooked on House fo Cards...
  • Anyone got any recommendations for a Funny series?

Getting bored of Big Bang and Simpsons reruns.
  • My top recommendations for TV that are still going i believe

1. House of Cards
    2. Game of Thrones
    3. The Walking Dead
    4. The Mentalist
    5. The Blacklist
    6. Suits
    7. Breaking Bad *yes another series coming confirmed*
    8. Sherlock Holmes (heard another 3 episodes is in the making)
  • if your desperate for something to watch thats pretty trash but ok viewing.

The 100 (channel 4) *first series just finished*

Anyone seen The Leftovers ? looks ok ?
  • Yeold - Was that in answer to me?

If so I was looking for Funny....
  • No Funny TV at the moment Vorse :( sorry !

Though i do watch The Graham Norton Show. Always good for a few laughs. Enjoyed when KP was on :)
  • edited October 2014
    Peep Show one of my favourite comedy shows. Yeold I have watched the first 5 episodes of Leftovers its pretty good , bit of a slow burner Christopher Eccleston is great in Ep3
  • No problem, I just thought we had very different understanding of funny... ;biggrin
  • ;hmm might check out the Leftovers then.

Vorse if you're desperate for funny you can try 'Bad Education' on BBC lol. Jack Whitehall, its pretty bad imo XD one of those, not really funny but i will laugh anyway cause i really do not understand why im laughing but makes me feel better kind of shows. o.O
  • Must say Doctor Who is improving, terrible first episode but the episodes are getting some what better.
  • Vorse, don't think there's much genuinely good in the way of current comedies. It's all a bit samey after the while.

Lillyhammer is pretty funny, so is Fargo. Neither are real comedies though.

I've been watching through Goodness Gracious Me though. Such a brilliant series.

• Twist

Not yet.

I have yet to convince MrsGrey to watch series 1 - even though I think she'd really like it. (So much telly, so little time...)

I've got a choir trip with a long journey end of November, so I might save Series 2 up and watch on the coach.
  • Anyone got any recommendations for a Funny series?

Getting bored of Big Bang and Simpsons reruns.
    black books, on 4od dark but funny
  • Vorse, I think you might like Brooklyn Nine-Nine. It was on E4 before, I'm not sure these days but you can get it online. Can be really funny.
  • Outcast thanks mate will check it out???

Wombat ;ok dark but funny just how I like my women....
  • Twist

Not yet.

I have yet to convince MrsGrey to watch series 1 - even though I think she'd really like it. (So much telly, so little time...)

I've got a choir trip with a long journey end of November, so I might save Series 2 up and watch on the coach.
    Grey ;ok

Only 4 episodes in to the second series so far (i think, might be 3...) Still really good. Spader is superb ;clap
  • If your a bit twisted you might like American Horror Story. My sister recommended it and I tore through the first series in under 48 hours. I quite like the fact that you can watch each series as a stand alone. First series is set in a haunted house, 2nd in an asylum, 3rd in a witches cover and the 4th series (which has just started) is set in a circus.

It has started to give me weird dreams though......
  • New Walking Dead Episode ;wahoo
  • Also New Marvels Agents of Shield, first episode of second series was good they definitely have upped the budget i think. Lucy Lawless was in it to :)
  • ;wahoo Yeold

We have it on V+ and plan to watch it this afternoon.
  • Luke, thoughts on Homeland? A bit slow for my liking! Needs a big episode next week IMO.
  • edited October 2014
    Twist - haven't seen the latest one mate. Saw the first two. I don't mind it being slow if it's building up to something. Apparently it picks up in episodes 4 & 5. ;ok