TV and Films

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Lawrence of Arabia. Possibly the best 130 minutes of cinema ever made.
  • And, the worlds fastest Indian. Lovely film about a lovely man.
  • To Kill A Mockingbird-Gregory Peck is superb and the children actors too.
  • Yup, I concur!
  • Luther? One of the best cop series of late. Also liked "Those Who Kill" - Danish serial killer series
  • Labyrinth, A Nightmare Before Christmas, Flight of the Navigator and Goonies are all some of my favourites.

Now I wish I was at home watching them and not at work... ;weep
  • I hear ya sister ;weep
  • The Wire , all 5 seasons what a masterpiece . ;ok
  • The Goonies is an all time family favourite. And another family favourite (of ours) Turner & Hooch. Watched a good film friday night called Tracks. Never heard of it and only stumbled upon it on Blinkbox by accident, but worth a look, a bit like Walkabout. Two very atmospheric films that I haven`t seen for ages but are fantastic are Badlands and Midnight Cowboy. And another great film that just popped into my head from yesteryear, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.
  • Agree said a few times on here about Goonies and Labyrinth. Epic films! Willy Wonka the original is also amazing!
  • Young guns!
  • Having some fun.................
  • No country for old men - Javier Bardem truly chilling !
    'Call it' - heads or tails ;sofa
  • Labyrinth, A Nightmare Before Christmas, Flight of the Navigator and Goonies are all some of my favourites.

My childhood in films there, wrath were you also a mid 70's baby?
  • edited September 2014
    ;lol

Vorse, if I were you I'd .......................... ;run ......................... ;sofa
  • And Wrath thought her day couldn`t get any worse....................................
  • edited September 2014
    And Wrath thought her day couldn`t get any worse....................................
    ;lol

• Been recommended to watch 'House of Cards' - anyone seen it? Any good?
  • Agree said a few times on here about Goonies and Labyrinth. Epic films! Willy Wonka the original is also amazing!
    Willy Wonka, you say ;hmm

scumbag-grandpa-joe
  • The Wire , all 5 seasons what a masterpiece . ;ok
    Indeed. Surprised it wasn't mentioned as much on here. Still the best TV series i've seen imo. Part of what destroyed Breaking Bad for me was people saying it was better than The Wire when it was nowhere near - lacked the emotional/character depth. Breaking Bad was just entertaining, The Wire was, as you said, a masterpiece. Though, the last series of The Wire was not so good while the last of Breaking Bad was by far the best.

Lol, no early 80's. I watched a lot of these when I was a bit older and own most of them on DVD ;biggrin Really wish Netflix had more stuff like this on it! I did sit and watch The Black Cauldron the other night. I loved films by Don Bluth. An American Tale, The Secret of Nimh, All Dogs Go To Heaven etc etc etc
  • Been recommended to watch 'House of Cards' - anyone seen it? Any good?
    It's fantastic Twist, you should give it a go. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are both excellent in it.
  • Just about the second episode of Fargo. First was brilliant. So funny at points.
  • I watched captain America winter soldier this afternoon. I thought it was better than the first one. I quite enjoy the super hero movies. Guardians of the galaxy was brilliant
  • Fargo's excellent. ;ok
  • Am I right in thinking Fargo the TV series is based on the film?