TV and Films

Comments

• Twist ;ok

Watched episode 1. Looks to be a cracking drama. Very hard to watch at times.
  • Watched both so far - if you haven't seen the second yet, I will keep quiet for now but it ........... no, no you will have to watch it yourself. ;wink
  • Missing is good so far. In as much as the subject matter is pretty frightening.
  • Third episode of Missing on tomorrow night. I find it very good especially the twists at the end. Recommend anyone to watch it. Frighteningly it shows how easy it is to lose a child and some may find this hard to watch because of this.
  • edited November 2014
    We've recorded Missing but haven't got around to watching it.
  • I recorded it, but can't find where I put it... ;yercoat
  • Thanks for the feedback, will watch it tonight ;thumbsup
  • Missing is great. Is it the last one tonight?
  • Watched another episode of The Leftovers and I still don't know what's going on in fact I am more confused than ever ;lol still enjoying it but story needs to go somewhere soon
    I thought there were 8?
    I thought there were 8?
    Yeah, originally there were, but one's ................

;yercoat
  • ;hmm

What am I....

;yercoat
  • edited November 2014
    Twist - hearing good stuff about the next few episodes of Homeland mate, with a twist or two. ;ok
  • We watched Flash last night... a bit cheesy but most enjoyable.
  • Have just rejoined this thread, and I know the series has just finished, but we really enjoyed (including kids aged 12 & 14) Release The Hounds. Very entertaining in a voyeuristic kinda way. We also watched with the kids (should we, shouldn`t we)Platoon, an all time classic. My 14 year old daughter no longer likes Americans.............Great film, great soundtrack.
    Suzanne, I haven`t seen Flash since it came out. Another one for the list. ;ok
  • On a negative note. Thought the latest series of Dr Who was rubbish. Most episodes seemed pointless, my daughter thought it was becoming more like a soap opera. Don`t like the new Doctor............................................like Clara ;diva
  • I just don't get Dr Who. Was sort of scary when I was a kid in the 60s, but I can't watch it for more than a few minutes without falling asleep. Maybe it's me age Matron.
  • 100% agree wombat ;ok
  • 100% agree wombat ;ok
    Of course, Hamstew means he agrees it's your age... ;whistle ;run

• I can't really contribute to this discussion as I don't watch much television.The only time I do is when West Ham games are on and even then I spend most of the time hiding behind the sofa.
  • 100% agree wombat ;ok
    Of course, Hamstew means he agrees it's your age... ;whistle ;run

;nonono ;fishslap
  • I like Peter Capaldi as the doctor myself, i think he was let down this series with some diabolical stories and writing. He deserves better as do some other characters like Missy and Clara good actors let down by the scripts.

Nick Frost in the Doctor Who Special playing as Saint Nick though :)

On another Note

The Blacklist - getting better and better. James Spader is just brilliant. Would love to see a double act of James Spader and Peter Capaldi in something.
    The Walking dead - still great as ever.
  • The walking dead is my favourite. Then teenage mutant ninja turtles on Nick toons ;sofa
  • Also recommend

"Lie to Me" an old series that finished not so long ago back in 2011 or something, absolutely brilliant. Tim Roth plays his character Dr Lightman like James Spader does as Raymond Reddington it fits perfectly.
  • Jack Hargreaves, out of town, box set. Bought for me last Christmas.
    Unmissable.
    Best £60 you could spend.
  • The problem with Dr Who was the general theme of the series was not and is still not picked up by a lot of people, not the 'discovering himself' one where he was trying to work out if he was a good or bad person (and ended up realising he was an idiot who just happened to be intelligent and in charge of a tardis), the other theme that he finally got in the last show.

Wombat - still have yet to get that, but it is on the list ;ok

Also, against my better judgement the other half has got me watching Wentworth (the updated Cell Block H), which is a lot more darker and explicit than the old version.
  • Yeold
    Totally agree about the DrWho scripts ;ok
  • Dr who, so so Clara ;carew
  • Off Clara whupathman

She is mine