The Paris Olympics

Comments

• I think she also didn't get to chose her 'lane' which has worked well for her earlier on.
  • MrsGrey said:

I think she also didn't get to chose her 'lane' which has worked well for her earlier on.

She was in lane 6 which she'd been in in most of her other races, so I don't think it was down to the lane she was in.
  • Ah, ok. looked like she was more in the middle.

Slow start, sure.

Maybe her Lane 6 strategy only works if you get out with your wheel ahead.

She seemed quite sanguine in the interview.
  • Talking of interviews, Duncan Scott came across really well in his one just now.
  • Dear Paula Ratclffe. Breathe through your nose.
  • Josh Kerr ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • A cracking first week, 9 golds and it's really tough to pick a favourite.

Tom Pidcock was awesome after getting a puncture, Alex Yee was brilliant to suddenly find pace in the last 500m of the 10k run at the end of the triathlon after looking beaten, the men's 4 x 200m relay was fantastic to have the same 4 guys defend the gold they won in Tokyo, the women's quadruple sculls for winning right on the line after looking held, and the women's lightweight double sculls this morning (and subsequent blubbing in the medal ceremony ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚) were all absolutely brilliant (and that's harshly not including Bryony Page winning gold after silver and bronze in the trampoline at the last 2 Olympics).

As I say, just too many highlights already. Well done Team GB.
  • A rowing bronze, for the women's 8.
  • And a gold in the men's 8.
  • Another medal, a bronze in the women's windsurfing. A disappointing result in the final, medal, race after being brilliant in the early races. She took the lead as well, but made a mistake or two tactically and got run out of it finishing 3rd of 3 in the medal race.
  • edited August 3
    Guaranteed another medal, in the Team Dressage. Currently leading with only 2 teams to go.

Must admit, in terms of pointless sports, dressage has to be right up there imo.
  • Guaranteed another medal, in the Team Dressage. Currently leading with only 2 teams to go.

Must admit, in terms of pointless sports, dressage has to be right up there imo.

A bronze it is as both Germany and Denmark perform well (apparently) with their final riders and take gold and silver respectively.

• edited August 3
    Another bronze, this one in gymnastics, in the men's floor exercise.
  • Our first athletics medal, a bronze in the Mixed 4 x 400m relay.
  • Is it just me, or is it quite annoying that the BBC keep chopping and changing what they are showing on each channel?
  • Another medal, a bronze in the individual horse dancing.
  • Guaranteed at least a silver in the women's skeet shooting. Into the final 6 clays and she's tied with the woman from Chile.
  • All tied after 60 clays, it's gone to a shoot off.
  • Both miss one clay in the 3rd pair, and so it goes on.
  • Silver.
  • A slightly controversial end, as one of the last pair from our woman seemed to be clearly clipped, yet it was given as a miss.

A silver it is.
  • Also, I learned that Chile should be pronounced Chill-ay it seems. When did that happen?
  • MrsGrey said:

Is it just me, or is it quite annoying that the BBC keep chopping and changing what they are showing on each channel?

I've generally been watching online, with a window open for each of the 2 streams the BBC are showing. Definitely annoying when you're getting into something and they switch to something else. And, as you mentioned a few days ago, very silly that they sometimes show the same thing on both streams.

• edited August 4
    Currently first and second in the men's vault with 5 to go, and second in the golf with 4 holes to play.

And a pork joint in the slow cooker for dinner later ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚.
  • I'm watching online too. Often the caption on iPlayer for what is showing an any particular steam is wrong :angry:
  • edited August 4

Currently first and second in the men's vault with 5 to go, and second in the golf with 4 holes to play.

And a pork joint in the slow cooker for dinner later ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Guaranteed at least one medal in the vault, 2nd and 3rd with the last man going.

Edit: Last man goes second, so we only get one medal, a bronze.

• A silver for Tommy Fleetwood in the men's golf; a bogey on the 17th cost him the chance to tie with Scottie Scheffler who took the gold with a final round of 62.
  • Loving watching the swimming.
    And the studio team are top notch.
  • Relay records falling like ninepins.

GB&NI not taking any medals, though.
  • lol

So I was watching the Men's 100m semi finals. A bit distracted, while multi-tasking, so not really doing the talking heads, just stopping to watch the actual race.

Totally baffled why Hinchliffe's 3rd wasn't good enough for automatic qualification.

Turns out there are 3 semi-finals ;doh