The Paris Olympics

Comments

• Sailing abandoned :o
  • Just watching the guys get out of their competition 'boat' into the coaching boat ... I've not seen one of those (skiff?) up close before. Looks like the sailing equivalent of a paper aeroplane!
  • MrsGrey said:

Because the IBA and IOC have different eligibility rules.

Personally, I don't think there should be any boxing.

It's been in every Olympics since 1904 barring once in 1912

Whether you think it should be at the Olympics or not, right now, is irrelevant to the point because it is here

And as Buffy says the integrity if the game is under question and females are likely getting hurt due to "inclusivity" trumping fairness
  • MrsGrey said:

Sailing abandoned :o

Deja vu.
  • MrsGrey said:

Whether you think it should be at the Olympics or not, right now, is irrelevant to the point because it is here
    Sorry, someone is not allowed an opinion. Get outta here.
  • IronHerb said:

MrsGrey said:

Sorry, someone is not allowed an opinion. Get outta here.
    Did I say Grey can't have an opinion?

I said that the comment is irrelevant to the point raised, which is my opinion

It isn't about should boxing be at the Olympics?

It's about whether should they be allowing this situation that's currently already at the Olympics

They are different
  • Not in my opinion.
  • IronHerb said:

Not in my opinion.

Your opinion on opinions is noted
  • Let me edit my comment.
  • MrsGrey said:

Edited, to keep it relevant to what was originally raised as an issue.

Do t wanna confuse anyone by having 2 ideas in 1 comment;-)

On the subject of boxing, I think it should be dropped as an Olympic sport.
  • Murray and Evans are out of the tennis.
  • 😭

Not surprised though, as they've had to really battle to get this far.
  • That Summerville kid has aged =)
  • Thought it was Christian Dailly for a moment
  • I want curly hair too 🎶
  • This should be interesting tonight ‼️

• Another rowing medal, a silver in the men's pair. We were ahead nearly all the way, but just seemed to completely lose their stroke in the last few metres.
  • Another diving medal, a bronze in the men's synchro 3m springboard. A medal for GB in all the 4 synchro diving events.
  • Met an athlete carrying a long pole on the bus the other day. I said “hello, are you a pole vaulter”?
    He said “no, I am Austrian and how did you know my name is Valter”?

It’s ok I’ve already got me coat.
  • Another diving medal, a bronze in the men's synchro 3m springboard. A medal for GB in all the 4 synchro diving events.

Diving & gymnastics are the 2 I really feel like I just can't figure out who's been more impressive

They are all so fantastic and amazing that I just can't spot the errors and differences between them
  • Another rowing medal, a gold in the lightweight women's double sculls. The pair are unbeaten since the last Olympics, when they finished 4th, missing out on a bronze by just 0.01s.
  • Another rowing medal, a gold in the lightweight women's double sculls. The pair are unbeaten since the last Olympics, when they finished 4th, missing out on a bronze by just 0.01s.

One of them spent almost all the medal ceremony just sobbing.

• Another gold, in the trampolining. She won the silver and bronze in the last 2 Olympics, so she completes the set.
  • A golden Friday, we win the Team Show Jumping.
  • A swimming medal, a silver for Ben Proud in the mens 50m freestyle.
  • And another swimming medal, a silver for Duncan Scott in the 200m individual medley, his 8th Olympic medal in total.
  • Crikey. The BMX racing is like ET bicycles sailing through the air.
  • The GB woman has left everybody in her wake all through qualifying and ended last on the final! Scenes!
  • MrsGrey said:

The GB woman has left everybody in her wake all through qualifying and ended last on the final! Scenes!

Slow start killed her chances.