England in India

Comments

• 50-5, Root goes for 7.

Not that it would make any difference, but we've had very little from the umpires today, another very marginal umpires call.
  • And now Stokes gone for 15, 50-6.
  • 122 all out, India win by 434.
  • 4th Test, England win the toss and bat first. Lots of comments about the cracks in the pitch already.
  • Phew, Crawley clean bowled, but it was a no-ball. Woulda been a first Test wicket for the debutant Akash Deep, in for the rested Bumrah.
  • edited February 23
    Duckett goes for a subdued 11 off 21 balls, never really got going in the face of some disciplined bowling. 47-1.
  • Oh dear, Pope goes for a second ball duck, and the debutant has two wickets in three balls. 47-2.
  • Crawley bowled and it's a legal delivery this time. He's gone for 42, 57-3.
  • Bairstow goes for 38, England in trouble at 109-4.
  • Stokes gone in the last over before lunch, 112-5. Ball kept really low for the first session of a Test match.
  • Very good afternoon session, we reach 198-5 at tea; Root, playing conventionally, is on 67 which is more than twice his previous highest score in the series, and Foakes is on 28.
  • Foakes goes for 47, England 225-6.
  • It looked like a disaster when I first checked the score this morning, but this is beginning to look competitive now - certainly on this pitch.
  • Hartley gone for 13, England 245-7.
  • It looked like a disaster when I first checked the score this morning, but this is beginning to look competitive now - certainly on this pitch.

Yeah, the score at lunch was very disappointing, but Foakes and Root showed, in the afternoon session, what can be achieved on the pitch. Stokes got a horror ball, but I suspect India will get well ahead of us on first innings.

• A century for Root, 103 not out, England 279-7.
  • 302-7 at close of play, a very good comeback from 112-5 at lunch.
  • Robinson makes his first Test match half century, England 331-7.
  • Robinson gloves one to the keeper off Jadeja for 58, ending a partnership of 102 with Root. England 347-8.
  • Bashir goes for a duck in the same over, 349-9.
  • Anderson out for a duck, Root unbeaten on 122, England 353 all out, a very good total from 112-5.
  • Anderson gets a wicket in his second over, India 4-1.
  • India 34-1 at lunch.
  • Jaiswal edges one through to Foakes, it goes upstairs for an umpire's review for a fair catch. On seeing the replay, England were convinced it was going to be given, but it's given not out, that it didn't carry. Must admit I thought it was just short, but a lot of catches seem to be given that I think have bounced on the ground rather than the fingers being fully underneath.
  • Bashir gets an LBW decision go his way; when reviewed it was umpire's call on impact. India 86-2.
  • Bashir with another umpire's call LBW, on hitting the stumps this time. India 112-3.
  • Bashir with another wicket, an easy catch for Pope, India 130-4.
  • India 131-4 at tea.
  • edited February 24
    Bashir again, ball keeping low off the bottom of the bat onto the stumps and key batsman Jaiswal out for 73