Couldn't Think - from November 2023

If anyone's interested I have access to a spare ticket for Liverpool away in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday 20th December, 8pm kick off. It's a concession ticket, over 65, so most of you will be eligible 😂. Drop me a DM if interested. First come, first served. ⚒

Comments

• They still look me up and down when I buy alcohol so I'll never pass for 65.
  • It's not just the Mens game where the refs are useless. Chelsea women have been the victims of two absolute howlers this evening.
  • edited November 2023

They still look me up and down when I buy alcohol so I'll never pass for 65.

When they look you up and down, is that because you look like you've already had a skinful?

#Coat please
  • edited November 2023
    Did anyone else see the Cray Valley Paper Mills v Charlton FA Cup replay last night?

As its my day off today I went down the pub for several post-work pints and got there just in time to see Charlton give away a penalty.

Here's the highlights, prepare to take a sharp intake of breath around 1 minute 14 seconds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67435028

Apparently the lad who got fouled and took the penalty is the son of a much loved ex-Orient player
  • Allianz, the insurance giant, is close to agreeing a long-awaited naming rights deal with the owner of West Ham's London Stadium and the 560-acre park that hosted the 2012 Olympics.
  • edited November 2023
    The first Las Vegas F1 Grand Prix for 40 years got off to a good start, not; first practice was called off after just 9 minutes after a drain cover was pulled loose by the downforce created by the cars, similar to what happened in Azerbaijan (another street circuit) in 2019.

The Ferrari of Carlos Sainz was apparently quite badly damaged, and, to add insult to injury, Sainz will suffer a grid penalty for a new engine as the drain cover damaged his engine. Apparently the stewards wanted to offer an exemption, but the rules simply don't allow it. Ocon also suffered damage to his car from the same drain cover.

The second practice session has just got under way following a delay while the track was inspected and repaired; it's 2.40am local time (I think), and the stands are completely empty. The £500m on bringing the race to Las Vegas spent has simply resulted in a bit of a damp squib so far.
  • Everton deducted 10 points with immediate effect. Now joint bottom on 4 points.
  • edited November 2023
    Leeds, Leicester and Burnley have told Everton's prospective new owners - USA based investment company 777 Partners - that they intend to sue

777 Partners already own Hertha Berlin, Standard Liege and Genoa plus have a minority share in Sevilla

Twinny the Toffee is not going to be a happy bunny
  • Well that woke me up ,Any chance of us getting those 3 points back from them =)
  • edited November 2023
    They need to employ City's Lawyers!
  • The hugely frustrating thing is that if they'd lost 10 points last season they'd have been relegated, whereas this season they'll probably survive.
  • Everton discussion has its own thread, now

https://whu606.com/discussion/11952/everton-fc
  • Seriously underwhelming performance by England this eveing against the might of Malta, only winning 2-0 in the 89th minute as I type. Have been listening more than watching tbh, and maybe that's why I've noticed it so much, but goodness me, Dion Dublin is shockingly bad as a commentator.
  • I am not sure if they give tickets away as I have no idea who would pay to watch England Vs Malta in an almost meaningless match in the middle of a cold wet November evening.
  • I am not sure if they give tickets away as I have no idea who would pay to watch England Vs Malta in an almost meaningless match in the middle of a cold wet November evening.

Football fans I guess.
  • Harry Kane strayed offside to deny Rice a superb goal.
  • I turned over to the (excellent) rugby at half time as the match was of such poor quality. Tomori looked as though he'd won his place in a raffle!
  • IronHerb said:

I am not sure if they give tickets away as I have no idea who would pay to watch England Vs Malta in an almost meaningless match in the middle of a cold wet November evening.

Football fans I guess.
    Must be some pretty desperate ones to want to pay to see that match.
  • IronHerb said:

I am not sure if they give tickets away as I have no idea who would pay to watch England Vs Malta in an almost meaningless match in the middle of a cold wet November evening.

Football fans I guess.
    Must be some pretty desperate ones to want to pay to see that match.
    To be fair, most people don’t know how the game is going to go when they buy tickets before the game takes place.
  • I agree but I was reflecting on the anticipation of quality in a match like that, England Vs Malta in the pouring rain In November and when we have already qualified as well. My original comment was wondering if they actually gave tickets away to fill the stadium out a bit more. When my daughter was younger I used to take her to some England Womens matches as we got free tickets.

I find Euro qualifying a pointless waste of time. England Vs Malta and Italy Vs North Macedonia are the sort of fixtures you would get if you insisted that no seeding took place in the FA cup and made Man City enter the tournament at the same time as everyone else.
  • I agree but I was reflecting on the anticipation of quality in a match like that, England Vs Malta in the pouring rain In November and when we have already qualified as well. My original comment was wondering if they actually gave tickets away to fill the stadium out a bit more. When my daughter was younger I used to take her to some England Womens matches as we got free tickets.

I find Euro qualifying a pointless waste of time. England Vs Malta and Italy Vs North Macedonia are the sort of fixtures you would get if you insisted that no seeding took place in the FA cup and made Man City enter the tournament at the same time as everyone else.

North Macedonia knocked out Italy in the qualifiers for the World Cup, didn’t they? I agree with you to an extent, but I would rather they played qualifying games than friendlies.
  • C+H Saying Antonio went off with a hamstring problem early on playing with Jamaica today
  • Must admit, given he was born in England and rejected playing for Jamaica previously while he harboured ambitions of representing England, I was none too impressed when he then started playing for Jamaica a couple of years ago.
  • Players always dither with international allegiance, in order to get to play in international comps. Like Rice.
  • edited November 2023
    MrsGrey said:

Players always dither with international allegiance, in order to get to play in international comps. Like Rice.

Antonio was a bit different, he was already past his best when he started playing for Jamaica, and, up to that point, had a history of missing games because of hamstring issues; playing for Jamaica was hardly going to see him win anything (I know you could say the same about Rice and England 😂🤣😂), just play in meaningless matches halfway across the world when he was already struggling to play matches that West Ham, who pay his wages, needed him for.

Purely a vanity thing imo.
  • It could be a blessing in that when we get to that last twenty minutes and need an attacking chnage Muamba may get a look in now, sadly it will probably be Ings.
  • Soucek scored the equalizer in a 1-1 draw with Poland on Friday before getting a bit of a scratch on his bonce. Played the full 90. A touch of the Terry Reznik's

• Coufal and two other Czech players have been sent home after they "fundamentally violated the internal rules of the national team on Saturday night."

Czech newspaper DNES claims they were spotted in a night club in Olomouc (Czech Rep plays there on Monday) and someone took a photo of them

Is Coufal the new Bobby Moore?
  • At lest he won't get injured
This discussion has been closed.