The Ashes

Comments

• edited July 2023
    This thread is so reminiscent of a West Ham game ten minutes in.😂

• There’s a reason for that.

.......No, I won't say. 😂
  • Now Root gone.
  • Just when we were steadying the ship, Root goes, 41-3.
  • Brook gone. 45-4. Their bowlers are too fast and too good for our batters.
  • Really not looking good now, is it?
  • Don't worry, there's still tomorrow

Yup, there sure is.😉
  • edited July 2023
    113-5, Duckett goes late on.

Edit: a reprieve, Starc grounded the ball as he caught it. It looks clear that he's done it, and I'm really glad it's been overturned, but the Aussies still claimed it.
  • 113-5, Duckett goes late on.

Nope, Starc grounded it. Harsh, but he should have made sure of the catch.
  • 113-5, Duckett goes late on.

Edit: a reprieve, Starc grounded the ball as he caught it. It looks clear that he's done it, and I'm really glad it's been overturned, but the Aussies still claimed it.

Same old Aussies...
  • edited July 2023
    Glenn McGrath absolutely furious on TMS, reported on BBC, but it's clear that the action of taking the catch hadn't been completed before he grounds the ball.
  • Glenn McGrath absolutely furious on BBC, but it's clear that the action of taking the catch hadn't been completed before he grounds the ball.

You can guarantee that if that was the other way around he'd be saying it was the right call.

There's a reason people don't like the Aussies.
  • Mind you, makes a mockery of Smith's catch in the first innings, because that was also grounded.
  • Glenn McGrath absolutely furious on BBC, but it's clear that the action of taking the catch hadn't been completed before he grounds the ball.

You can guarantee that if that was the other way around he'd be saying it was the right call.

There's a reason people don't like the Aussies.
    Sandpaper anyone?
  • 114-4 close of play.
  • Stay classy, McGrath.

Whinging because the umpires applied the law. Harsh, because he caught the ball, but since when have you been allowed to drag the ball across the grass after a catch? Starc should have made sure and got his fingers under the ball or just rolled.
  • Just another sportsman who doesn't know the laws of their sport. Strauss was saying he had control of the ball, Ward said you need control of the ball and your body and Strauss came back with he had control of the ball. 🤷‍♂️
  • Could be fun tomorrow eh boys?
  • Usually, England last an hour on the second day of an innings.
  • That’s the spirit!
  • Who knows, it’ll probably end in defeat but wouldn’t it be wonderful to see Bairstow and Stokes take ‘em on and win another famous victory?
    Yup, I’m an optimist but what’s the alternative?

Oh yeah:

• I want Harry Enfields jumper hahaha
  • Huge pressure on Duckett, Stokes and, when he comes in, Bairstow; there's not much batting after them tbh.
  • That's why it's called Test cricket.
  • Thank goodness for DRS, dreadful umpiring decision sees Stokes given out lbw despite a huge inside edge.
  • I thought the umpire wasn't sure so gave it out to allow DRS to decide. I agree poor decision as if you're not sure then it's not out.
  • IronHerb said:

I thought the umpire wasn't sure so gave it out to allow DRS to decide. I agree poor decision as if you're not sure then it's not out.

Indeed, if he doesn't give it, Australia burn a review if they want it checked.
  • Usually, England last an hour on the second day of an innings.

How do we do in the second hour? 😂