The Ashes

Comments

• Noooo, poor by Duckett, 177-5.
  • edited July 2023
    Bizarre, and controversial, dismissal for Bairstow, that's the Ashes gone.

• That’s very scummy from the Aussies
  • That's very poor by Bairstow.
  • Stokes farming the strike already with 6 wickets down and still another 160 odd needed.
  • edited July 2023
    100 for Stokes as he goes after Green with 3 6s in the over.

He just needs another 100 or so and we might just make it.
  • Nah, he couldn't, could he?
  • Scummy team, scummy country. I can't stand Australians.
  • 243-6 at lunch, 128 more needed.
  • Slacker said:

Could be fun tomorrow eh boys?

Read the game well. 👏
  • I hope they get booed right through what's left of this test and the next three.
    I know it's within the rules but it's still unsporting. >:)
  • IronHerb said:

That's very poor by Bairstow. Cummins, Carey

Fixed it for ya.

Ranks up there with this

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/dec/11/bigger-than-id-even-imagined-the-1981-underarm-bowl-that-lives-on-in-cricket-infamy
    No where near it.
  • IYO of course.
  • 150 up for Stokes; he's making us dare to hope again, 75 needed.
  • edited July 2023
    Stokes goes for 155 but unfortunately I don't think it's enough. 301-7, 70 needed.
  • 9 down now.
  • All over, Australia win by 43 runs.
  • edited July 2023

Scummy team, scummy country. I can't stand Australians.

Proving we were right to transport them in the first place

Returning to the scene of the crime, although the crime was stealing sheep in 1788
  • edited July 2023
    We've lost both the first two Tests fairly narrowly, can't help feeling they were both in our grasp at various points, and that maybe, just maybe, we developed a touch of arrogance from the success of the previous year without adequately considering the challenge the Aussies presented.

A slightly more conservative, whilst still very positive, approach could easily have seen us leading 2-0, or, at worst, being level.
  • buffy, Or to put it a bit more concisely our cousins from down under could have not stretched the rules of cricket to their advantage! Where is the spirit of Bielsa when you need it? That whole incident was just not cricket was it?
  • Two fantastic Tests, bring on the next one.
    I just love the way we play this game.❤️🏏
  • edited July 2023
    Bairstow dismissal was really poor by umpires & Aussies. Watch the umpire and he’s going to hand the cap back to the bowler before the ball is thrown by Carey, he’s not even looking at the play. How is that not end of over? Every batsman does it, every ball, in every test.

Umpires should’ve shut the appeal down, Aussies could have rescinded it & got themselves a bit of good PR after recent years.

Didn’t like it at all. Not gonna have a pop at Bairstow when every batsman does it.
  • Lukerz said:

Bairstow dismissal was really poor by umpires & Aussies. Watch the umpire and he’s going to hand the cap back to the bowler before the ball is thrown by Carey, he’s not even looking at the play. Every batsman does it, every ball, in every test.

Umpires should’ve shut the appeal down, Aussies could have rescinded it & got themselves a bit of good PR after recent years.

Didn’t like it at all.

For sure it was very scummy by the Aussies, but after not getting away with cheating yesterday they were obviously going to try every low trick in the book today; naive of Bairstow to think any differently.

Certainly not very sporting, but after sandpapergate nothing surprises me with them.
  • The Umpire calls over and then the ball is dead.
    Carey threw the ball back at the stumps the moment it was in his gloves. Bairstow went walkabout and it is totally his fault, and it probably cost us the game.
  • Arrogant and totally dopey on Bairstow’s part. He kept doing it and sooner or later it was going to happen. Foakes has run someone out like this in the past. It was quick thinking on Carey’s part.
    Problem is man for man generally the Aussies have been better.
  • edited July 2023
    I can understand if you immediately leave your crease, not a good 3/4 seconds after the ball is caught and umpire is already going to reach for the bowlers cap in his pocket.

The England players reaction & fans, who pay the money to keep the sport going, clearly didn’t like it. That’s a fairly good indicator on where it lies on the ‘sporting’ scale.
  • edited July 2023
    Carey threw the ball immediately he had it in his gloves and that’s when Bairstow walked out. It was not 3 seconds.
    Maybe someone could have warned Bairstow to stay in his crease as there was no need to go anywhere.