The Ashes

Comments

• Out to a stupid shot again. Are they going to learn?

I think you've answered your own question.

Any psychological edge we may have thought we had with BazBall before the series has been well and truly blunted. A naïve declaration at Edgbaston and now this collection of unnecessary shots at Lords.

I think I was a bit optimistic with yesterday's talk of a draw.
  • Bairstow scores a century off 65 deliveries and Broad a fifty off 45, as England press on with a big first innings lead.
  • Robinson gone, 324-8.
  • I was going to say I didn't fancy our tail against the new ball, but we might be all out by then.
  • edited June 2023
    Broad given lbw, he's reviewed it but I think he's gone.

Yep, 325-9.
  • Slacker said:

Bairstow scores a century off 65 deliveries and Broad a fifty off 45, as England press on with a big first innings lead.

Then I woke up.

• edited June 2023
    And that's it, 325 all out, trail by 91 runs on first innings. Very poor by England this morning, lost 6 wickets for 47 runs.
  • Warner gone, 63-1, Australia lead by 154.
  • The stat man on the BBC commentary is getting right on my wick. I wish he would just shut up.
  • edited June 2023
    Bad lack of review, Broad had Labuschagne lbw, but it wasn't given, and, despite Broad's pleas, it wasn't reviewed either. Mind you, Broad is adamant all his appeals should be upheld, or at least reviewed.

Fortunately not too costly, as Labuschagne has now gone, 123-2, leading by 214.
  • Bairstow has been sloppy this morning, and now has put down a chance; backpedalling, he couldn't hang onto a ball that looped up over him.
  • 2-0 Aussies. Fielding has been total trash this test.
  • edited July 2023
    Finally the 3rd wicket, Khawaja out, 187-3, a lead of 278.
  • Now Anderson puts down Head on 0, really should have taken that.
  • Could dropping Head and then catching Smith instead prove a masterstroke? Hahaha
  • But Smith is out the very next ball. 190-4.
  • 197-5, Root takes a great catch at short leg to dismiss Head. Lead is 288.
  • Green gone, 239-6, an already very big lead of 330.
  • Carey goes, 242-7. If we can pick up the last couple of wickets cheaply (Lyon very unlikely to bat) then it's potentially a gettable, if still very tough, target.
  • Stokes oversteps yet again and this one is costly; he gets Cummins out caught off a no-ball.
  • Cummings gone now for 11, 261-8, the lead 351.
  • Carey goes, 242-7. If we can pick up the last couple of wickets cheaply (Lyon very unlikely to bat) then it's potentially a gettable, if still very tough, target.

Might be wrong there, Lyon is kitted up and has hobbled down towards the pitch for when the next wicket falls, so it looks like he's going to try.

• 264-9, Lyon hobbling out to the middle.
  • Lyon and Starc managed to added a further 15 runs, Australia all out for 279.

England need 371 to win.
  • Game on innit.
  • Crawley gone already, 9-1.
  • Looks like the series is over 😂
  • Lukerz said:

Looks like the series is over 😂

You are Yeoldhammer and I claim my £5.*

* one for the kids there.

• Oh dear, Pope gone, 13-2
  • Pope gone too now. Could be all over tonight.