Summer Transfer Window 2023

196979899100102»

Comments

List A has to be submitted online by the following deadlines:
    4 August 2023 (24.00CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round;
    18 August 2023 (24.00CET) for all matches in the play-offs;
    4 September 2023 (24.00CET) for all further matches from the first match in the group stage up to and including the final.
    For the qualifying phase and the play-offs, a club may register a maximum of two new eligible players on List A after the above-mentioned deadlines, provided the quota of locally trained players is respected. Such registration must be completed by 24.00CET on the day before the relevant first-leg match and the club’s association must confirm in writing that the new player is eligible to play at domestic level at this time.
  • I see the Saudi Pro League transfer deadline is 20th September. Not ideal for any European Club.

It's the 20th September for the smaller teams but for the big money teams, the cut off is 7th September. I think.
  • alderz said:

I reckon a striker will appear, we’ll sign Lingard, and nobody of note will leave.

That will make it 26. 😬
  • edited August 2023

Lingard’s a free agent so he can be signed any time

I might be wrong, but we potentially need to be careful here if we bring another player in before the end of the window. That would bring the squad size to 25, including Coventry. Coventry would have to be registered, so we'd have no space left to bring in Lingard after the deadline; my understanding is you can't leave a player out of the registered squad once the window is closed if you have room for him.

• Southgate is picking a player who can't get into his club side and has no outlet to play football aside the national team and who cannot be watched by Southgate himself to appraise his form. I can understand it for this round but it's not sustainable, which is why Maguire needs to leave United.

At this point does he care if he plays for England. They are unlikely to win anything in his career lifetime. Might as well stick with United and keep padding his bank account.
  • I started off reading Skys gossip column and ended up thinking it was a specific Fulham page! Apparently they're after McTominay, Amrabat Hoybjerg and Hudson Odoi. Maybe more as I'm sure I read yesterday about 2 defenders too (to combat Tete and Adarabioyo possible departures).

I'm glad we got Alvarez for the amount spent (and that goes for Kudos and JWP too) instead of Paulinha
  • Couldn’t sleep last night…….
This discussion has been closed.