Summer Transfer Window 2023

Comments

• edited August 2023
    I don't see why we need another striker when we've got Antonio and Ings on our books with Mubama coming up from the U21s

Plus Bowen, Cornet and now Kudus can all play up top if needed. Plus if Lingard does sign we got plenty of candidates who can lead the line.

Ditto LB, Emerson is 1st choice with Cresswell and Johnson as back up
  • I don't see why we need another striker when we've got Antonio and Ings on our books with Mubama coming up from the U21s

Plus Bowen, Cornet and now Kudus can all play up top if needed. Plus if Lingard does sign we got plenty of candidates who can lead the line.

Ditto LB, Emerson is 1st choice with Cresswell and Johnson as back up

I guess the question is whether those options are good enough. For me personally, I have question marks over whether Ings is a good enough replacement for Antonio (particularly playing style wise), or whether Cresswell or Johnson are capable of the style that Emerson plays. Ings and Antonio might both be strikers, but they are like chalk and cheese. Same as Emerson & Cresswell as left backs.

If we didn't bring anyone else in this window, I would be fine with that. But if we could bring in a left back like Ian Maatsen or a striker like Hugo Ekiteke, I think we would be in a much stronger position.
  • edited August 2023
    I suspect the only way we're going to get any more players in is if players start moving out

Ex talked about this, said that there was interest in Fornals from Spain and Saudi, Cornet could be going to Burnley or Palace while Everton wanted Ings on a loan-with - option-to-buy but he doesn't want to leave.

Also mentioned Conor Coventry

It doesn't look like Cresswell is going anywhere and I don't think Moyes would have given Zouma the armband if he didn't want him to stay

https://www.thewesthamway.com/2023/08/30/clubs-circulating-exwhuemployee-west-ham-player-exit-update/
  • edited August 2023
    I don’t see the need for a left back at all really.We seem pretty well catered for there to me.
    Striker maybe as ( hopefully) we’ll have a lot of games this season,having said that I’d love to see Mubama getting some starts.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Varane out for a few weeks potentially. Maguire closer to the first team....

Yes he’ll be collecting the fares on the team bus. =)
  • Keep forgetting we have Cornet!
    We do need depth for Europa as games will come thick and fast. Would be happy if we kept what we have now witjout losing anyone.
  • Keep forgetting we have Cornet!
    We do need depth for Europa as games will come thick and fast. Would be happy if we kept what we have now witjout losing anyone.

I have been hoping we would see more of Cornet. I would at some point like to see a front three of Cornet on the left Bowen in the middle and Kudus on the right, that would ask questions of a lot of defences.

• For me, I'd like us to sign a striker that plays similarly to Antonio. Assuming that's why we are linked to Ekitike and En Neysri. I'd like the latter and if we got him nd Lingard we'd be pretty much overstocked offensively

I'd be sad to see Pablo go. However, if Cornet is sold I hope at least we get our money back or its not worth it as he has plenty of potential if he could break into the side
  • Moyes could still get a tune out of Cornet, I reckon.

=)
  • Sorry, alderz.
  • MrsGrey said:

Moyes could still get a tune out of Cornet, I reckon.

=)

Let me get your coat for you.
  • Yeah, he could be top brass.
  • Or just a flake
  • Or just a flake

Ice creamed when I read that.
  • Alberto deal not happening.
  • Fati going to Brighton????

#Lip up...
  • Even better if Spurs were after him :)
  • edited August 2023
    Predictions up till 11pm tomorrow:
    Incomings
    Outgoings

Mine is 1 incoming , no outgoing ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • Sky reporting that we seem to be sniffing around Kostic again (after missing out on him when he left for Juventus).
  • 1 incoming (jlingz) and 1 out going (cornet) is my prediction. I still feel he deserves a chance though.
  • Forgot about Lingard 👍🏻 Make mine 2 incomings then 🤣⚒️👍🏻
  • I reckon a striker will appear, we’ll sign Lingard, and nobody of note will leave.
  • I reckon Kostic will sign on loan initially and pay next year.
  • If we get a striker .Ings could go
  • Lingard 7-10 days
  • Lingard’s a free agent so he can be signed any time
  • If Kostic comes, that's another player for Fornals to compete with.

I want a full back and out and out striker. Everyone can stay please.
  • Lingard’s a free agent so he can be signed any time

He can, but I believe that there is a registration deadline of 1st September for the Europa League, and free transfers can’t be added. I might be wrong but I don’t think I am.
  • I see the Saudi Pro League transfer deadline is 20th September. Not ideal for any European Club.
This discussion has been closed.