West Ham Vs Nottm Forest Sat 25th Feb - kick off 3pm

Comments

• So we could be lining up

Fabianski
    Zouma - Ogbonna - Aguerd
    Coufal - Paqueta - Rice - Emerson
    Bowen - Ings - Benrahma
  • I like that a lot, I would probably start Scamacca if possible and let Ings take over when he has run himself out. I think Zouma with Aguerd will be a great pairing.
  • I'd love to see Scamacca on the pitch with Ings playing off him
  • I'd much rather that Areola starts ahead of the traffic cone
  • edited February 2023
    Lukerz said:

So we could be lining up

Fabianski
    Zouma - Ogbonna - Aguerd
    Coufal - Paqueta - Rice - Emerson
    Bowen - Ings - Benrahma

That's not really changing things up enough, IMO. Bowen and Benrahma rarely play anywhere near the centre forward and Ings doesn’t play like Antonio, so I think we might actually struggle even more with that line up.

The wingbacks should be providing the width in that formation, so I'd rather see two forwards through the middle. Like Baz, I'd like to see Scamacca and Ings start and actually go at Forest from the off.
  • I still think Antonio has lots to offer in the Bowen position. As a sub or whatever.
  • Bazshuayi said:

I'd love to see Scamacca on the pitch with Ings playing off him

I totally agree Baz but I just can't see Moyes allowing that much attacking intent on the pitch all at once.
  • Ings has to get on the pitch, whether with Scamacca or not.

Maybe:
    Bowen - Paqueta - Rice - Fornals
    Scamacca - Ings
  • Cooper confirms that Aurier will be out for 3-4 weeks with calf strain but Lingard and Yates might be fit enough to be included in the squad.

A few Nottingham-based sources are predicting Morgan Gibbs-White will retain his starting positions while Chris Wood could get the nod after he came on in the 79th minute and scored the equaliser against City - his first goal since joining Forest from Newcastle in January.

Navas
    Williams Worrall(c) Felipe Lodl
    Freuler ????????? ???????
    Johnson Wood??? Gibbs-White
  • What I’d like to see is below. I doubt we’ll see it though:

Areola
    Coufal Aguerd Zouma Emerson
    Bowen Rice Paqueta Fornals
    Ings Scamacca

Subs: Fab Ogb Cress Kehrer Downes Soucek Lanzini Benrahma Antonio

Antonio as an impact sub for one of the strikers as I doubt they can play the full 90. Benrahma for Fornals if we need a goal. Lanzini is also a good shout for transitioning from midfield to more attacking territories. I still also feel like Downes is underrated and if we need more tenacity in midfield, I’d bring him on in a holding/defensive midfielder role.
  • No pundits predicting a win for us in this one. 1-1 is the best they think we’ll manage.
  • Moyes typically didn't say too much about our injured players in his presser:

"Kurt Zouma is back in training,” said Moyes. “Maxwel Cornet is also back in training. Lucas Paquetá is doing a little bit. They're probably the main ones, who have been injured.”
  • What does doing a little bit mean
  • I think Moyes is referring to this. Just a wild guess...

• steve said:

What does doing a little bit mean

I picture him putting the bins out, picking up leaves & cleaning up the plates.
  • That definitely sounds like more than a little bit 😓
  • He'd been listening to Gina G on the way to training.
  • edited February 2023
    Huge games. A must win imo. A loss and I see Moyes going. A draw is probably what will happen which will be little help to us at this stage.
    I'll be at Crawley town so I won't have to suffer too much.
  • No excuses today

1-1
  • edited February 2023
    I’d go

Fabianski/Areola
    Coufal - Zouma - Aguerd - Emerson
    Paqueta - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Ings/Scamacca

Fornals has to start today. We need a link between midfield & attack.
  • So 8 at the back, Bowen a bit further forward and Antonio 30 yards away from anyone in a West Ham shirt.
  • Well i have done my bit ,Dog has been walked,Phone turned off .And the wife has gone out to get her meds .I asked her to get a few more for me just in case .Also told her to stay out for at lest 3 hours . Between you and me i think she could be bad luck .She does seem to have history with some of our games =)
  • Johnson, Ings,Paqueta and Benrhama all in. Antonio, Kehrer,Emerson and Downes on bench.
  • why is Ben johnson in ,
  • Don’t mind Ben at LB
  • Looks like:

Fab
    Coufal Ogbonna Aguerd Johnson
    Rice Paqueta Soucek
    Bowen Ings Benrahma

Not sure what Emerson has done to be dropped, or indeed Soucek to get picked, but hey ho.

Bowen and Benrahma need to stay close to Ings. No point Ings playing as a lone striker because that's not really his game.

Weirdly confident about this one, based on absolutely nothing, mind you.
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Aguerd - Ogbonna - Johnson
    Rice - Soucek - Paqueta
    Bowen - Benrahma
    Ings

Areola, Kehrer, Cresswell, Emerson, Downes, Fornals, Lanzini, Antonio, Scamacca
  • 4-0 irons. You heard it here first.
  • I agree with OCS not sure why Emerson has been droped .He looked one of our better players last couple of games
  • A good start is essential today as other wise the crowd could turn quickly, which is exactly what forest will be trying for. I also can't see what Emmerson has done to be dropped as he is more of a threat going forward than Johnson.

I suspect Moyes has noticed what everyone else has in that Antonio has to make way and just feels Ings is more match ready than Scammaca, who I expect to make an appearance in the second half.