West Ham Vs Nottm Forest Sat 25th Feb - kick off 3pm

Comments

• steve said:

Who Slacker who =)

I haven’t a clue what Skacker is on about…Nothing new there 😉🤣😉⚒️👍🏻
  • Slacker said:

Yup, I can remember Northampton having one year in the top division, they were dreadful and had one away win all season.

Of course it was.

This made me randomly think of Oldham Athletic in the Prem. 🤪
    92/93 sadly the mighty Irons were div1
    However upon promotion for 93/94 you’ll be delighted to hear a league double was completed over the Latics.

There you have it, your useless information Of the day. Thank you
  • steve said:

Who Slacker who =)

You there! The slow boy at the back!Pay attention!

• Rumours that Lingard available for this one. Cue his scoring if so.
  • edited February 2023
    Slacker said:

steve said:

Who Slacker who =)

You there! The slow boy at the back!Pay attention!

Aren’t you the smarty pants 🤣🤣
  • Nah, I’m really not.
  • edited February 2023

Rumours that Lingard available for this one. Cue his scoring if so.

Lingard has only made one appearance this year, half an hour at the end of the 3-0 loss against Man U in the Carabao Cup semi first leg. His last start was 27th December, also against Man U and they lost that 3-0 too

He'll be lucky to make the bench, Forest signed another five midfield/attacking players in January and it was already a tad overcrowded
  • C&H reporting that Paqueta could be available:

Paqueta had indicated that he could be back quickly on Instagram several days ago but a London Stadium source confirmed this morning that hopes were now high for the weekend.

He explained: “It is looking ok and we are hopeful he will appear against Forest.”
  • edited February 2023
    Right then, to hell with it; its a must win and it looks like we might have a few key players back, so let's go 3-4-1-2 and freshen things up a bit:

Areola
    Kehrer Zouma Aguerd
    Coufal Rice Paqueta Emerson
    Scamacca
    Bowen Ings

Playing not to concede and trying to nick a goal hasn't really worked out, and Forest will probably be expecting that, so go at them with a front three. We're almost in nothing to lose territory so Moyes, let the handbrake off.
  • THE OPPOSITION REPORT

Cooper shuffles his squad and formation, consistently four at the back since October but various combinations in midfield and up front.

In the last seven games only three players - LB Renan Lodl, CM Remo Freuler and FW Brennan Johnson - have started every game although Forest have suffered a few injuries.

There have been three different goalies this year with Wayne Hennessey replacing the injured Dean Henderson for the two League cup semis against Man Utd and then himself replaced by Keylor Navas on loan from PSG for the last three PL games.

Two weeks ago both starting centre backs - Scott McKenna and Willy Boly - went off in the 7th minute, both with hamstring injuries and neither are expected back for a few weeks. Club captain Joe Worrall and January signing Felipe replaced them.

Moussa Niakhate, Omar Richards and Guillain Biancone are all injured. Steve Cook, the only other CB option, was dropped from the 25-man squad in January and last week the Premier League turned down Forest's request to re-register him.

RB Serge Aurier is doubtful after being substituted with 10 minutes left against City last weekend and the only other RB available is Neco Williams who has had just three starts since Christmas

CM Ryan Yates had 20 starts this season but he had to be substituted at half time in both of his last two appearances and has been absent for five games with illness - rumoured to be a heart condition.

Both ex-Hammers are injured, Cheik Kouyate was stretchered off at the World Cup with a torn hamstring while Jesse Lingard is close to recovery and might make the bench

Otherwise it could be any combination of four from Jonjo Shelvey, Orel Mangala, Jack Colback, Gustavo Scarpa, Danilo, Lewis O'Brien, Morgan Gibbs-White, Andre Ayew, Emmanuel Dennis, Chris Wood and Sam Surridge.

Navas
    ??????? Worrall(c) Felipe Lodl
    Freuler ?????? ???????
    Johnson ??????? ??????
  • Fornals may not be our worst corner taker and he is certainly industrious, but I do not see enough end product from the rest of his game to justify including him, I would like to see Downes have a run on the team and maybe, just maybe, he can deliver a decent corner.

Just my tuppence worth
  • Downes didn’t add much to the team against Spurs. He was caught in possession a few times and generally his passing was short and safe.
    I think Fornals actually sees a killer pass but doesn’t always succeed but we play better with him than without him to my mind.
  • Not sure that Downes will be the answer to our corners, but someone needs to ensure better delivery; it's like it was when Noble was taking them atm. Rice may be many things, but a good corner taker isn't one of them atm.
  • I agree, Rice can do anything as long as it doesn't involve a dead ball.
  • edited February 2023
    I can't find any record of Downes taking corners and from his low number of assists (2 in 39 appearances at Swansea, 4 in 99 at Ipswich) it looks unlikely

Stick with Bowen and Fornals
  • Any stats on how many of our corners scored from last season were taken by Fornals? I feel like it was a lot.
  • We're certainly not the threat from corners this season that we were for the last couple of seasons, which is certainly one reason why our results are so much worse. Not sure how much that is down to delivery and how much is down to the guys not heading the ball so well, but a poor delivery certainly isn't helping.
  • Any stats on how many of our corners scored from last season were taken by Fornals? I feel like it was a lot.

All I could find was he had 7 assists last season and one was from a corner against Liverpool, Alisson flapped and it was an own goal.
  • Corner in Lyon to Daws, or are you looking at Prem only?
  • 7 was overall so included Europe
    But could only find prem stats for corner
    So 2 overall then?
  • I like Fornals and think he should be ahead of Downes imo
  • edited February 2023
    According to Transfermarkt.com Fornals, Cresswell and Bowen each got three assists from corners last season
  • I stand corrected 👍🏻
  • A couple of stories kicking around suggest that Ings is going to start on Saturday.
  • We're certainly not the threat from corners this season that we were for the last couple of seasons, which is certainly one reason why our results are so much worse. Not sure how much that is down to delivery and how much is down to the guys not heading the ball so well, but a poor delivery certainly isn't helping.

Craig Dawson.
    Er, that’s it.

• Slacker said:

We're certainly not the threat from corners this season that we were for the last couple of seasons, which is certainly one reason why our results are so much worse. Not sure how much that is down to delivery and how much is down to the guys not heading the ball so well, but a poor delivery certainly isn't helping.

Craig Dawson.
    Er, that’s it.

Not really, he's only been gone a few weeks.
  • We don’t half miss him though.