West Ham Vs Nottm Forest Sat 25th Feb - kick off 3pm

Comments

• At least Moyes has shaken things up a bit, but I'm more than a little concerned by the team he's picked, especially Ogbonna in a back 4. Also the fact that, having previously played Kehrer at LB, Johnson now gets the nod does suggest that Moyes doesn't think Emerson is good enough at LB.

Good to see Paqueta back, I just hope he is confident in his shoulder as we can't afford any passengers out there today. The problem in my eyes is that I'm not sure the team itself is that different to how we've set up most of the season. While I've no issue with Johnson at LB, he's not exactly a marauding full back constantly whipping in great balls especially as he's on his weaker foot. As OCS says, playing Ings up front is all well and good, but if we don't get men forward he'll be as ineffective as Antonio.

Huge game for us, but, unlike OCS, can't say I'm particularly confident given the team Moyes has picked.
  • We need to go 1-0 up early otherwise I don’t see us taking 3 points.
  • Just two changes from the starting XI last weekend

Neko Williams replaces the injured Serge Aurier and Chris Wood replaces £16m Brazilian Danilo signed in January

Navas
    Williams Worrall(c) Felipe Lodl
    Freuler Shelvey Colback
    Johnson Wood Gibbs-White

Only defender on the Forest bench is Harry Toffolo, normally a LB who hasn't played CB since he was a youth player at Norwich
  • Fornals for Soucek, otherwise I’m happy with that side.
  • You just know Wood will score
  • Four at the back rather than three centre backs, makes Johnson a stronger defender than Emerson is my assumption. So a more attacking approach from Moyes today.
  • Paqueta to Ings is exciting
  • Anybody got a reliable stream?
  • Everything crossed
  • Huge game, COYI.

I used to, but now I have to get up once or twice during the night.
  • Great early chance but Ings couldn't get his shot away.
  • Forest looking better on the ball
  • Our first corner 🫣
  • Ok, I had to laugh at Oggies whatever that was

Came here to look for the same thing. They’re either the other game or stuttering every few seconds.
  • Ogbonna's shot goes out for a throw. We've obviously got our shooting boots on today.
  • Another corner 🫣
  • A spate of corners, showing some fight but need to make the most of the pressure we are exerting
  • Rice still on corner duty down our left, although he played it short. His second attempt was better though, swung in to the 6 yard box.

Bowen's first 2 corners from the right were decent, but the third was too floaty and easy for the keeper.

A good spell, but we need to make it count.
  • This is the best we’ve played in a long while. Looks like we’re properly going for them.
  • Yea playing well right now

Still a bit lost in the final 3rd, but looking dangerous from set peices
  • Oh my word, Ings with a glorious chance and he totally fluffed it
  • Ings completely mishit that header

Great chance
  • Great chance but Ings miss-times his header and it goes tamely off target.
  • How wide does the barn door need to be for us to hit it.
  • Coufal looks re-invigorated today.
  • How wide does the barn door need to be for us to hit it.

Based on that Ings chance, about three times as wide
  • After a quiet start Benrahma plays a nice one-two but doesn't hit his shot cleanly and it's an easy save.
  • edited February 2023
    Paqueta down holding his shoulder, really not looking good.