The Reader’s Digest: Pre Summer Transfer Speculation

Comments

• alderz or Aslef would be the ones to either know or find out.
  • After watching City If Rice wants trophies, to be coached by the best and have the best players alongside him he can't really look any further.

I would be really hoping Pep comes in. It's best for me also as I will really find it hard not to cheer him on regard anything that doesn't affect ourselves, yet to cheer United, Newcastle or Liverpool on will be tough, Chelsea or Arsenal just about bearable but City quite happily.
  • Arsenal are preparing a £92m offer for West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice, 24, which would be a club record transfer for the Gunners. (The Telegraph)

Ooooh I believe this is a new one 🧐 ⤵️

Bayern Munich are also interested in Rice with boss Thomas Tuchel looking to refresh his midfield. (Mirror)
  • Thorpe Hall school juniors are looking for a new midfielder. Just saying. =)
  • Once he leaves I will have no reason to cheer him on. He’s no longer a Hammer.
  • He'll be devastated thorn. 😂
  • When Rice goes who is going to take over as club captain in the mould of Rice or Noble? Cresswell and Ogbonna have stood in when needed but they are not the future
  • Personally, and its nothing against him, I dont think Rice is that good a captain. He was probably given it to placate him and because hes our most accomplished player. Not because of him motiviational powers. Mark was a good captain (and obviously not as good a player as Declan)
  • Aguerd might be worth a shout as captain .Seen him talking quite a bit and waving his hands around whatever that means
  • Bazshuayi said:

Personally, and its nothing against him, I dont think Rice is that good a captain. He was probably given it to placate him and because hes our most accomplished player. Not because of him motiviational powers. Mark was a good captain (and obviously not as good a player as Declan)

To placate him? They've been offering him £200k a week. Nothing to placate him for.
  • IronHerb said:

He'll be devastated thorn. 😂

🙄
  • With our scouting, we'll most likely end up with Boris Becker. ;)
  • With our scouting, we'll most likely end up with Boris Becker. ;)

And even in his pomp he rarely hit the bet. 😉
  • IronHerb said:

With our scouting, we'll most likely end up with Boris Becker. ;)

And even in his pomp he rarely hit the bet. 😉
    Unlike Ivan Toney hahaha
  • Oops. 😂
  • Manchester United and England defender Harry Maguire could move to West Ham or Tottenham with the 30-year-old out of favour with boss Erik ten Hag. (Football Transfers)
  • Ravel49 said:

Manchester United and England defender Harry Maguire could move to West Ham or Tottenham with the 30-year-old out of favour with boss Erik ten Hag. (Football Transfers)

Noooooooo!

• Ravel49 said:

Manchester United and England defender Harry Maguire could move to West Ham or Tottenham with the 30-year-old out of favour with boss Erik ten Hag. (Football Transfers)

Or Stoke City or Bolton Wanderers......
  • Maguire would be a great signing, IMO.
  • I don't think so as he would think he is above playing for West Ham.
  • If he thought that he'd probably sign for someone else. If he does come here it'll be because it wants to.
  • Which CH would he replace in our team unless we are going to play 3?
  • I reckon Moyes could get Maguire playing the way he did at Leicester again but if he wants the sort of wages he got at Man U he'll probably go to Spurs
  • I reckon Moyes could get Maguire playing the way he did at Leicester again but if he wants the sort of wages he got at Man U he'll probably go to Spurs

Not sure about getting him to play as well as he did, sadly Moyes in general usually makes players worse? Vlasic / Haller / Scamacca / etc etc , he’s not really improved many defenders either 🤣
  • Which CH would he replace in our team unless we are going to play 3?

The good thing about Maguire is he can play on right or left of a two. I think any combo of Zouma & Maguire, Maguire & Aguerd or Zouma & Aguerd, with Ogbonna as the fourth choice, would be great.
  • I fear Moyes will genuinely be keen on Maguire, but he's really played poorly for quite a while now. Apart from his frequent mistakes, he's also pretty slow, I just don't see the appeal. I wouldn't worry about him thinking he was above us as he's played for a number of more ordinary teams (unlike, say, McTominay who has come up through the Man Utd ranks), but I just don't think Maguire is very good; he's been kept out of the team by a LB playing at CB in a back 4.

Also he's 30, so he's only going to get slower, and part of our problem is we've got one of the oldest squads in the league. The only thing he would add would be leadership should Rice leave, but that's not enough of a reason to sign someone so unsuited to us. If he were a couple of million on low wages à la Dawson, and we signed a decent CB as well, then fine, but obviously that would not be the case here. A huge "no" from me.
  • His ability to bring the ball out (rather than any pace) has been his main trait in the past. He has always done fine for England too. I wouldn't be against him coming to us
  • Is it definite that Manu will be leaving?
  • Is it definite that Manu will be leaving?

I don’t think there’s been an official announcement, but his contract is up, he’s barely played and he’s only 30 or 31. It feels like he’ll want more game time to see out his career.
This discussion has been closed.