The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• edited November 2022
    Ravel49 said:

I bet he’s never said that to Tomáš Souček

Although Soucek had a great 1st season getting on the end of many chances, ever since the roles were somewhat changed although it’s never been officially stated Soucek has hardly scored or found form and while Rice has had a fair few decent forward dashes etc he’s hardly achieved what Soucek had when he was the one with more freedom going forward… just saying IMO of course…
    Perhaps as Luke points out often, a DM should be Rice and let him do what he’s IMO best at, protect the back line 🤔 Let Soucek have that bit extra freedom up field…
  • Poland get a penalty after ref sent to the monitor by VAR. Grabbing the shirt seems to be the thing they're very hot on.

Poland miss the pen though, still 0-0.
  • Arriba Arriba
  • Wasn’t only grabbing the shirt though.
  • France trailing 1-0 to Australia 👍🏻
  • And just like that France now 2-1 up
  • Not any longer 2-1 France.
  • Did everyone know that Rigobert Song is the Cameroon manager?
  • Did everyone know that Rigobert Song is the Cameroon manager?

I knew!
  • IronHerb said:

Wasn’t only grabbing the shirt though.

It does seem to be a factor in some of the softer penalties that have been awarded so far.
  • DFB (German FA) is taking FIFA to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over the One Love/rainbow armbands and are hoping to overturn the ban before Sunday's match against Spain

Now that would be a giggle
  • edited November 2022
    Aguerd playing for Morroco against Croatia atm, I hope he comes through unscathed 🤞🤞🤞.

Vlasic playing for Croatia, although I doubt he'll play for us again.
  • Morocco - Croatia, sponsored by Dulux.
    “ Watch our paint dry, great entertainment for all “.
  • Yeah, certainly not a very entertaining game, and the third 0-0 in the last 4 games.
  • Goru Goru!!!
  • Another huge upset, Japan come from behind to beat Germany 2-1.
  • Germany could be going home Sunday evening. 😳
  • Everyone’s entitled to their 🧅’s but for me Clive Tyldesley is the 🐐 when it comes to commentary
  • edited November 2022
    I want to know if they're going to put Keane and Souness in the same studio/stadium again before the end of the tourney; Keane was extremely disrespectful imo by constantly interupting Souness during the half-time analysis one of yesterday's games.
  • That was unreal 🇪🇸 🍊
  • Ravel49 said:

Everyone’s entitled to their 🧅’s but for me Clive Tyldesley is the 🐐 when it comes to commentary

He does like reading out irrelevant lists though.
  • It really is a case of each to their own.
    He’s my preference, and preferably not with Lee Dixon.
    Ally Mc 🙌🏻
  • Hope everyone is ready for the best game of the day with the mighty Canadians against those upstarts little Belgium team ..............Having said that i just might have to do a bit of dusting behind the sofa .Lived in canada for 40 years nearly as long as it took us to get to the world cup .Will love it no matter what
  • Ravel49 said:

Everyone’s entitled to their 🧅’s but for me Clive Tyldesley is the 🐐 when it comes to commentary

Peter Drury’s alliteration sneaks it for me
  • Alderz I’ll see you at Longleat and we can discuss the finer points 🦁🦒🦧
  • Tragic that the Argies and Germans both lost their openers.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Tragic that the Argies and Germans both lost their openers.

Argentina still have 2 very winnable games; Germany are up against it as anything but a win against Spain will probably see them eliminated.