The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• I see that England fans have been ordered not to wear the St George costumes as it is insulting to Muslims.
    Also Harry Kane is making a stand by wearing his £520,000 rainbow Rolex. I’m sure the poor migrant workers are impressed.
  • I see that England fans have been ordered not to wear the St George costumes as it is insulting to Muslims.

I'm really struggling to not make a comment about this.
  • Leave it! 😂
  • Loving the unbiased half time chat on the BBC.
  • Not sure anyone has been 'ordered' to do anything, despite what the Daily Mail says.
  • But then, it's never one to let the facts get in the way of a dog-whistle headline.
  • Wales lucky to still be level in this game. Iran have been the much better team.
  • edited November 2022
    I bet you’d believe it if it was reported in TASS 😀
    It was also on the BBC earlier today
  • Wales down to 10 after their keeper is sent off
  • edited November 2022

I bet you’d believe it if it was reported in TASS 😀
    It was also on the BBC earlier today

I was referring to BANNED in the DM headline.

It was also in the Express and the Telegraph.

Did the Beeb report it more accurately?
  • Iran score a screamer in the last minute of added time.
  • And another. Well deserved. 🥳
  • And score again in the 12th (of 9) minute of added time.
  • "Wales star 'can't wait' to knock England out - six years after wearing Three Lions.

England-born Wales star Kieffer Moore has admitted that he "can't wait" to knock the Three Lions out of the World Cup - six years after wearing their shirt in his first ever international"

Love it!
  • Wales we’re so poor weren’t they? How many times did they give the ball away? Bale and Ramsay were non existent.
    Iran thoroughly deserved that win.
  • IronHerb said:

"Wales star 'can't wait' to knock England out - six years after wearing Three Lions.

England-born Wales star Kieffer Moore has admitted that he "can't wait" to knock the Three Lions out of the World Cup - six years after wearing their shirt in his first ever international"

Love it!

Must admit that article did rankle with me too.
  • Mrs G the BBC said they were told they shouldn’t wear it.
  • Phew, Tyldsleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey is commentating on the Ecuador game so won’t be on duty for the England- USA tieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Touch.
  • The Netherlands leading against Equador; if they avoid defeat Qatar are eliminated 🤞🤞🤞
  • Neymar out for at least a couple of games:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63760430
  • Slacker said:

Phew, Tyldsleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey is commentating on the Ecuador game so won’t be on duty for the England- USA tieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Touch.

😳 😠

I predict Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon
  • Ravel49 said:

Slacker said:

Phew, Tyldsleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey is commentating on the Ecuador game so won’t be on duty for the England- USA tieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Touch.

😳 😠

I predict Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon
    I can read TV guides too 😂🤣😂
  • Oh really, that was a guess 👍🏻
    Honest guv
  • My England v USA bingo call is 'England have never beaten the USA at the World Cup'
  • IronHerb said:

My England v USA bingo call is 'England have never beaten the USA at the World Cup'

I suspect you're right. Just to add context, they've only played against each other twice at the World Cup, and one of those was over 70 years ago, so not a particularly relevant stat. England have won 8 of the 11 matches in total.
  • IronHerb said:

My England v USA bingo call is 'England have never beaten the USA at the World Cup'

My pick would be “ 1950 was one of THE great shocks in World Cup history “.

• Enner Valencia on the scoresheet again, Ecuador level against the Netherlands.
  • sign him up =) ........................again
  • Why did we let him go? I watched him score 2 against Citeh at the UP Jan 2016.
  • Enner Valencia on the scoresheet again, Ecuador level against the Netherlands.

Yeah, I’ve got a telly as well.😉