The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• Still nobody straight through after two games from the first three groups. France next up with their chance to be the first. They're the only ones that can do it from Group D.
  • We should be all over that Mbappé, I reckon he’d relish a chance to play at another level.
  • Nah mate
    Poor man’s Antonio 😜
  • edited November 2022
    Yeah, he does tend to disappear a lot in games and he’s a bit dozy, so on second thoughts you’re probably right.
    Oh and he’s rubbish at defending.
    Having said that Nobes would set him right on the culture of the club n that.
  • I watched the women's rugby league match between England and Papua New Guinea a couple of weeks ago. Tough women, puts the Argentinian player felled by a flailing am to shame.
  • The Mexican corner taker, we should definitely make a move for him, looks like natural for us :-(
  • Just checked to see if it was Lozano, it wasn’t, but has been linked here a few times 😂
  • Eddie has nothing to do with this
    But yes
    He should be the next England manager 😜
  • Qatari stadium announcer: “If you are able,please stand for the national anthems “
    “If you are disabled, security will arrest you at half time.”

• edited November 2022
    Potential lifeline for Germany, Costa Rica score against Japan. If it stays like this, Germany could lose to Spain tonight and possibly still qualify if they win their last game.
  • Of course they'll qualify, and then probably go on to win it. 😭
  • It sounds like the Japan manager out thought himself. His side beat Germany so he thought he would make five changes to the side. Perhaps saving players for his anticipated final.
  • Still, Belgium are loosing.
  • I think Spain will win today but my money is still on Germany qualifying despite losing two out of their three games.
  • How many times are we going to hear what a talent over the next 90 minutes?
  • What a talent Musiala is.
  • Would be nice for Spain to get another goal or two as Germany push forward as goal difference could well decide placings in the group.
  • Would be nice for Spain to get another goal or two as Germany push forward as goal difference could well decide placings in the group.

Definitely would be nice for them to get another goal or two given Germany have now equalised 😭
  • I hate watching Spain. Loads of them just passing the ball about.

Hope Japan qualify.
  • edited November 2022
    I actually like Spain, a lot of young, new generation of players, it would be fun to see either Japan or Costa Rica qualify in 2nd place , but most definitely at Germany’s expense…🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
  • Unfortunately I do not think that is going to happen, the Germans will sneak in
  • ‘He’s sent him there for a 🥯’

😂
    Been impressed with Andros Townsends comms this tournament so far
  • Cameroon 1-0 up after 45 minutes, 6 minutes time added on, Serbia score twice and were close to getting a third

Serbia's Luka Jovic and Cameroon's Christian Bassogog have both picked up bookings, both for excessive goal celebrations, both are still unused substitutes
  • So glad I turned off at 1-0 🤦‍♂️
  • I know it’s tournament football and they’ve qualified with a game to spare but Brazil?
    Maybe I expect too much but man alive that was boring. I never thought I would drop off in any football match but I managed it in that stinker.💤💤
  • Must admit I enjoyed Ghana Vs Sth Korea, not a game that was on my radar to be honest but it turned out to be a cracker
  • Must admit I enjoyed Ghana Vs Sth Korea, not a game that was on my radar to be honest but it turned out to be a cracker

Those have been the best games at this tournament so far. The big teams have mostly disappointed.
  • For the record, there is no way CR touched that ball for Portugal's goal - he celebrated like he had volleyed it into the top corner.

He really does have the most punchable face in Christendom