The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• I’m gonna hazard a guess and say Kuching πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜œ
  • Too obvious.πŸ˜‰
  • True
    Bognor Regis πŸ‘πŸ»
  • Kuching Town, somewhere in Essex I reckon.
  • Quality own goal by Aguerd, he'll fit right in when he comes back to us πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
  • Quality own goal by Aguerd, he'll fit right in when he comes back to us πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Well Daws will need replacing in that role. 😬
  • Carlton Cole is inhabiting the body of Lukaku atm.
  • With Belgium out and surely Martinez will go.

#becarefulwhatyouwishfor 😜
  • QPR are looking for a manager.
  • And he’s gone πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ
  • I thought I saw an article that said he was going to step down after this comp anyway?
  • As an aside, I wonder how Iran and some other middle east nations are handling the coverage of this match.

Avoiding all shots of the officials, I imagine.
  • I think they show it on delay so that it can be edited. Apparently Chinese coverage didn't show stadium crowd shots due to the lack of face masks.
  • edited December 2022
    Probably yes :+1:

The Iran coverage had previously cut away from the national anthem bits to show crowd scenes etc.

I remember reading that now about the Chinese coverage... I'd forgotten .
  • 'as it stands' we should all be laughing at Germany, right? :p
  • We live on a planet with some very weird people.
  • Still a long way to go.
  • Well that one minute when Costa Rica were 2-1 up and sending Germany and Spain out (along with Belgium out of the competition at group stages) on the same day was nice
  • Interested in other people's views.

D'ya think the players are less aggressive to this ref compared to other refs? ( And if yes, d'ya think it's a gender thing?)
  • Such a shame we won't get double headers like this at the next World Cup thanks to the ridiculous decision to expand the number of participants to 48 with 16 groups of 3 (top 2 qualify). FIFA at their worst. Also means the possibility of match fixing rears it's ugly head again, as one team sits out the final fixture in each group.

Imo, if you can't qualify for a 32 team WC, you shouldn't be there. It's getting to the stage where we needn't bother having qualification to get there, just invite everyone.
  • I'm glad I don't support Spain, Costa Rica, Germany or Japan. What a roller coaster ride in this 2nd half.
    First, Japan and CR were going out, then Germany & CR were going out and then Spain and Germany were going out. Now CR and Germany are going out. And there's still about 6 minutes left. What twists are left?
  • 7 minutes added time in Spain game and 10 minutes in Germany game. Games involving English refs only have 3/4 minutes. Not following FIFA guidelines then.

• Also means the possibility of match fixing rears it's ugly head again, as one team sits out the final fixture in each group.

Shoulda said collusion rather than match-fixing, but hopefully you all knew what I meant.

• Curious thorn, what you mean.

Are you saying English refs, when they say how many minutes they want added on , are not following the guidelines? Or the non English refs are doing that?
  • Other game finished.

Germany fans leaving the stadium.

They think it's all over.. it is now πŸ˜…
  • What a night! So close to Spain AND Germany going out.
    The Japanese fans were fantastic and hats off to their manager, so dignified and classy, he could show Arteta a thing or two on how to behave.
  • I havent watched much of this World Cup so far but its a joy to watch the Japan players/staff/fans celebrating as Germany go home from the group stages twice in a row :)
  • edited December 2022
    Question who decides how much time is added on as IF Messrs Taylor & Oliver are officiating the way they do in the Premier League that is going against Mr Collina's directive?

MrsG, It wouldn't surprise me if the Middle Eastern countries haven't used some kind of high tech video trick to super impose a male head over the female officials.
  • So there is controversy over one of Japan's goals?
  • Yes. Shouldn't there be?