The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• edited December 2022
    Thanks Aslef. Think it’s interesting that Neymar and Paqueta seemed to keep to one side of the pitch each. But Paqueta also definitely was much more involved way deeper than Neymar from that first half map so I think the two of them were playing different roles, even if Paqueta’s wasn’t exactly like Casemiro - who was everywhere!

I think that probably is what you’d like Paqueta’s positioning to be if he was in Soucek’s role as well.
  • Aguerd's limping after making a brilliant sliding tackle in the box.
  • Spain are a hard watch.
  • He’s coming off looking in pain
  • Aguerd going off on a stretcher, typical. I hope, but am not too optimistic, that it's not too serious.
  • Yeah he pointed to his groin.
  • That’s Ogbonna & Dawson for Arsenal then
  • Great just great .are we allowed to swear and bang our head against a brick wall
  • So we could be going into the January window with Zouma and Aguerd crocked, Ogbonna unconvincing of being able to return to PL standard after last season's injury, want-away Dawson and current first choice right back Kehrer as our CB options 🤔🤔🤔
  • Aguerd going off on a stretcher, typical. I hope, but am not too optimistic, that it's not too serious.

He didn’t actually take the stretcher and walked off so hope that’s good. And at least it’l doesn’t seem to be the same injury as before.

He didn’t actually take the stretcher and walked off so hope that’s good. And at least it’l doesn’t seem to be the same injury as before.
    Yeah, sorry, I typed as the stretcher was brought out to him, he did hobble off rather than need to use it. Something we could have really done without nonetheless; the previous games seem to have sharpened him up for the PL, and now he looks likely to have another period on the sidelines.
  • It was always so predictable that Aguerd would go to the World Cup, get himself fit & then get an injury in his final game of the tournament.
  • How bad at penalties are Spain?
  • Moroccan hero..

• What a result. Amrabat and Bono put in two of the best performances in this tournament.
  • edited December 2022
    The Moroccan coach did a “Moyse on them” didn’t he?😉
  • Slacker said:

The Moroccan coach “ did on Moyse on them” didn’t he?😉

They were better than Spain for most of the game, creating chances despite not being able to control the ball.
  • Lukerz said:

It was always so predictable that Aguerd would go to the World Cup, get himself fit & then get an injury in his final game of the tournament.

Might be his last game but not Morocco’s
  • Hopefully with Aguerd it’s only a tweak of his groin. He was superb tonight.
  • For that last penalty the Spanish keeper had dived full length and stood up before the ball hit the net. Brilliant.
  • Clive & Ally 🙌🏻
  • Shaquiriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
  • And the lists begin................
  • Ravel49 said:

Moroccan hero..

This picture has reminded me to post in the annoying things thread.
  • Its the haircut right?
  • Ref. Aguerd's injury (on OS):

Nayef has made contact with us already and fingers crossed it’s not as bad as it looked. We saw he reached for his groin but he’s quite happy tonight (after Morocco’s World Cup round of 16 win over Spain) so hopefully he’ll have it assesses and have a scan in the morning and, fingers crossed, it’s not too bad."

https://www.whufc.com/news/warburton-reflects-cambridge-win-world-cup-and-issues-injury-update
  • edited December 2022
    Rice ill and misses training. That's a worry.
  • Couple of lemsips and he’ll be fine
  • It feels so strange not to have any matches on today.