The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• Yeah know what you mean
    Really note sure to blame more
    Southgate 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Moyes 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Matt Jarvis 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Ravel49 said:

Yeah know what you mean
    Southgate 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Moyes 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Matt Jarvis 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can’t believe Curbishley’s getting off this lightly
  • Ravel49 said:

Yeah know what you mean
    Southgate 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Moyes 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Matt Jarvis 🤷🏻‍♂️

Antonio obvs.

• Klopp (you knew there was a strong possibility of this happening)
  • It all starts with Lionel Scaloni not putting the ball up the other side of the field.
  • I'd forgotten (or suppressed) how irritated I was by him until now.
  • Scaloni was a classy RB who made one ricket

Wish we had signed him on a permanent deal
  • edited December 2022
    And Brazil are out. They haven't beaten a European team in the knockout stages at the World Cup since Germany in the 2002 final.
  • Croatia through to the semis, having beaten Brazil on pens. Didn't see that coming tbh.
  • Pure drama.
    Brilliant.
  • I think it's wide open now tbh, apart from Morocco who I don't think have much of a chance, there's not a lot to choose between the other 6 teams still left in.
  • At lest we get paqueta back a bit early
  • Well done Croatia. Too many blondes in the Brazilian team for my liking, and they thought they had won it. Neymar not even taking a pen is a joke. I know, I know, he wanted the glory goal but his vanity contributed to the loss.
  • I actually think Holland could beat Argentina this evening as well, they were better against the USA than we were. No doubt Messi may save them however.
  • That goal from Neymar was a thing of beauty.
    Why oh why didn’t we sign him in the January window? We wouldn’t be in the position we’re in now and Europa League would still be a possibility, as it is we’re in for a long winter😡.
    All down to the manager imho.
    And another thing where was Antonio in the build up to that goal? I’ll tell you where, nowhere, completely anonymous, he’s so dozy.
  • I actually think Holland could beat Argentina this evening as well, they were better against the USA than we were.

I agree, I'm not sure, as a team, Argentina are anything special, although Messi by himself might be able to provide the magic for the win.

• Croatia are the new masters of tournament footie, Brazil dominated the game yet created very little, Brazils goal was a beauty and a contender for goal of the tournament and it was clear that it needed a magical moment to undo the stoic defence..

Croatia did not give in, got their equalizer with just a couple of mins left and once the shoot out started, I fancied them to go though.

Got to give them credit
  • I can not listen to Johnathan Pearce on comms and not think of Robot Wars

And here comes Matilda to dismantle their opponent..
  • Both Pearce and Keown leave a lot to be desired. Keown thinks he's co comms on a 1980's game seeing nothing wrong with a tackle straight through the back of a player and both criticising Argentina's change of formation, but it seems to be working ok so far.
  • Ravel49 said:

I can not listen to Johnathan Pearce on comms and not think of Robot Wars

And here comes Matilda to dismantle their opponent..

He does my head in, can't stand him as a commentator. Him with Danny Murphy on co-comms would definitely be a reason to turn the sound off.
  • I don't know. Jenas played a blinder earlier with his Neymar comments. 😂
  • Ref is having a shocker imo, very inconsistent and has lost control.
  • edited December 2022
    The Spanish 'Mike Dean' you mean?
  • edited December 2022
    Scenes if it stands, the Netherlands score in the 101st minute to equalise, coming back from 2-0 down.
  • Oh my days
  • Ohh I'd love it if the Argies lose this!
  • Bazshuayi said:

Ohh I'd love it if the Argies lose this!

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I agree with Baz 😱😱😱😂🤣😂
  • I was just on WhatsApp taking the micky out of my nephew who was sure Netherlands would win..

Need to row it back 😂