The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• Plenty of pushing and handbags. Reminds me of a certain Spurs Chelsea clash
  • I think only one Argentina player got booked when there was the foul and Ake and, after the whistle went, the ball was belted into the Dutch dugout. If that's the case, that was shocking, as both offences deserved a card.

Will be amazing if we get through another 30 minutes without a red.
  • edited December 2022
    Ref giving everything to Argentina
    #Sky6
  • edited December 2022
    Referee did lose the plot on a few occasions especially when he actually booked Messi 😮when he should have done so far earlier for a deliberate handball!
  • Yeah, Messi lucky to be one the pitch still.
  • Shame, we'll have to put up with the Messi love-in for at least another match.
  • Shame, we'll have to put up with the Messi love-in for at least another match.

At least two, I’m afraid. Even the third place playoff will be enough to gush
  • alderz said:

Shame, we'll have to put up with the Messi love-in for at least another match.

At least two, I’m afraid. Even the third place playoff will be enough to gush
    But who watches that?
  • Most pointless matches ever, especially after a long tournament and players needing return to clubs.
  • I feel thankful to have been around to see Messi play.
  • If it's Argentina v Portugal in the Final, I might not watch.

Before the tournament, so many people would have wanted Argentina - Portugal, just for the GOAT narrative. If that’s the game, I want Portugal to win with Ronaldo on the bench for the whole game so it’s as unsatisfying as possible.

That’ll learn ‘em.

• alderz said:

If it's Argentina v Portugal in the Final, I might not watch.

Before the tournament, so many people would have wanted Argentina - Portugal, just for the GOAT narrative. If that’s the game, I want Portugal to win with Ronaldo on the bench for the whole game so it’s as unsatisfying as possible.
    The only way it's acceptable for Portugal to do well is with Ronaldo on the bench. I find it funny that for all the talk of him being this supreme athlete who takes care of his body, he looks completely gone (and didn't add much at previous tournaments) compared to Zidane who dragged France to a World Cup final at 34 and was never thought of as some amazing athlete.

But at least Messi has turned up and been given his team decisive moments. I don't like the way modern football fans focus on the two or the way pundits have gushed over him but he at least has that bit of grace in the way he plays football that I feel is being sucked out of the game by the obsession with athleticism.
  • Take it no one will be ordering this as their Crimbo jumper then

• Or this one.. possibly Slack Man tho..

• Ravel49 said:

Or this one.. possibly Slack Man tho..

*Calls wife, “ You know you said you haven’t got a clue what to get me for Christmas?”

I could add that to my 72 versions of West Ham shirts and adult hammer’s baby grows.🎉
  • ‘Adult hammers baby grows’ 😂
  • I am actually getting this for Crimbo from the Mrs. Bobby Baggio my all time favourite player

• Morocco v Portugal up first, is it selfish to hope Aguerd doesn't play given the big risk of aggravating his injury leading to more missed games for West Ham?
  • buffy, No it isn't but the possibility of helping your country into the World Cup Semi Finals......?
  • buffy, No it isn't but the possibility of helping your country into the World Cup Semi Finals......?

Yeah, something tells me he's going to play 😔
  • Aguerd not even on the bench 👍🏻
  • Feel bad for him
  • I do feel bad for him, as, being honest, it's unlikely he'll get another chance to play in a World Cup QF, but I'm relieved that's he's not risking aggravating his injury.
  • Ravel49 said:

I am actually getting this for Crimbo from the Mrs. Bobby Baggio my all time favourite player

Hold up there a minute.
    I was told there’s a minimum age limit of 12 to be on this site.

• Slacker said:

Hold up there a minute.

Surely it should be 18, it's not fair to inflict West Ham on anyone younger 😂🤣😂
  • Slacker said:

Ravel49 said:

I am actually getting this for Crimbo from the Mrs. Bobby Baggio my all time favourite player

Hold up there a minute.

This from the man who posted about adult baby grows...
  • Slacker said:

Ravel49 said:

Hold up there a minute.

😳 😮 😯
  • Morocco being Morocco and Portugal being bang average. That En-Nesyri looks half decent when playing at International level anyway.