The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• Anyone else think that Sofiane Boufal looks like Adil Rashid?
  • The Portuguese manager looks like a world weary headmaster who can’t wait for his retirement.
  • Fantastic, Portugal lose to Morocco 😊😊😊
  • The way this is going it’s going to be a Morocco Croatia final 🤯
  • Ronaldo straight off to the dressing room in tears whilst the rest of his team stay on the field.
  • MIAHammer said:

Ronaldo straight off to the dressing room in tears whilst the rest of his team stay on the field.

Yeah, classy.

• Ravel49 said:

The way this is going it’s going to be a Morocco Croatia final 🤯

How dreadful would that be.
  • For me it would be but appreciate that peeps like the underdog 👍🏻
  • MIAHammer said:

Ronaldo straight off to the dressing room in tears whilst the rest of his team stay on the field.

I’m sure he said it’s all about the team. 🤔
  • Ironherb, Surely it was Team Ronaldo?
  • For me now it’s anyone but Messi
  • For me it's Messi above anyone.
  • Everyone seems to be writing Morocco off but they’ve beaten Belgium, Spain and Portugal and only conceded one goal in 5 matches and that was an unfortunate own goal by our very own Aguerd.
  • Morocco 🇲🇦 > Croatia 🇭🇷 > Argentina 🇦🇷 > France 🇫🇷

I don’t want Mbappe winning it again, I really don’t like him. It would be a nice narrative if Messi won it, but the Argentina side are horrible and I’d like Martinez to never win anything again. I like Croatia a lot, they’re a good side. And I can’t see how anyone other than Croatians, Argentinians, and French wouldn’t want Morocco to do it. That would be incredible.
  • Well I don't.
  • Croatia or France for me, can't stand Argentina (it will take more than 36 years to forgive the cheating so-and-so's) and the whistling by the Morocco fans (yeah, I know it hasn't just been them, but they've been as bad as anyone) rules them out for me.
  • The World Cup is done for me now
    Throughly enjoyed it
    And that is a comment I did not think I would be saying
    But with England and Purple Ronnie (vimto) out I don’t care anymore.
    15 days and we are back people
  • I couldn't care less who wins it as I won't be watching but if I'm forced to pick someone, then it's Croatia for me. They wear my favourite international kit hahaha
  • I will rooting for Morocco, would be quite the story
  • Of all our players to come back to us with a possible World Cup winners medal I am sure no one thought it could be Aguerd ! Morroco for me.
  • Morocco for me and I don’t care about who wins from the rest.
  • It could be Areola and he won’t even play
  • Ravel49 said:

The way this is going it’s going to be a Morocco Croatia final 🤯

Ah, I might watch then. Slacker will be relieved to know that 😉
  • I think the commentator said that Morocco had only lost 3 or 4 times in the last 4 years in 40 matches or so and have only conceded 1 goal in this tournament. As you can tell I wasn’t giving the commentary my fullest attention. =)
  • The Brazilian ref Wilton who had an “ indifferent “ performance in the Last game has been retained by FIFA and remains in Qatar along with others including Anthony Taylor 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿… However as ex site member Suzanne named him “child ref” Michael Oliver has not been retained… 🤷‍♂️
  • The Brazilian ref Wilton who had an “ indifferent “ performance in the Last game has been retained by FIFA and remains in Qatar🤷‍♂️

What a surprise, FIFA appear to have an agenda, trying to ensure representation from smaller leagues despite an absolutely dreadful performance in our QF.
  • For those who haven't seen the list of retained referees -

Anthony Taylor (ENG)
    Daniele Orsato (ITA)
    Danny Makkelie (NED)
    Szymon Marciniak (POL)
    Abdulrahman Al-Jassim (QAT)
    Muhammad Abdulla Hassan Muhammad (UAE)
    Mustapha Ghorbal (ALG)
    Cesar Ramos (MEX)
    Ismail Elfath (USA)
    Raphael Claus (BRA)
    Wilton Sampaio (BRA)
    Jesus Valenzuela (VEN)

IF the top players are complaining that the refs should have officiated in the highest levels of club football, some are saying it has to be the Champions League, will eight of these pass the "fit and proper" test?
  • edited December 2022
    Orsato from Italy is ref tonight and Ramos from Mexico is ref tomorrow if anyone is interested...
    My money would be on either Makkelie from The Netherlands or Poland's Marcinak for the final..
  • Players complaining about refs? Wow, what a surprise.
  • IronHerb said:

Players complaining about refs? Wow, what a surprise.

With justification after the Argentina v Netherlands and France v England matches imo.