The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• Excellent. Sunday evening sorted. Come on England.
  • Not too shabby was it?🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
  • alderz said:

Hoping wales win 3-0 and Iran beat USA. That would put England out and hopefully be the end of southgate. Plus no more taking the knee. Unpatriotic, yes. But you have to look at the positive side.

You want to go out of the World Cup because you don’t like the manager or taking the knee?
    Yes. And because our style of play is sooo boring it hurts.
    Unbeaten, +7 goal difference. Not that boring, really.

And I don’t understand why you’ve lumped taking the knee in with that tbh. Don’t like the play? Fine. Not sure why taking the knee offends you so much you want the manager sacked.
  • edited November 2022
    In a way , I like the taking of the knee at this World Cup, given it is all about equality and no discrimination and we are in Qatar, I find it particularly appropriate - now with all that being said…...

IMO, that was a really professional performance from us, Wales might have defended well in the first half but we dominated from the start and ended up as clear winners, could easily have been four or five.

Pleased that the US progressed, if nothing else it raises the temperature and profile of the game over here, a few world cups ago, it was me and a couple of other old blokes in a bar, now many, many bars are packed, the Netherlands game is going to be huge, and whose to say they will not pull it off.

Feeling confident that England can go deep into the tournament, semi final at least which would do for me.

Come on England

• Quarters against France would be incredibly spicy for England. And Senegal are looking good too, so it’s a big challenge right away.
  • Group C might be interesting today , if Saudi Arabia beat Mexico , Poland only need a draw to send Argentina home
  • would love it!
  • Being an old romantic, if England don’t win it I’d love to see Messi lift the trophy.
  • Slacker said:

Being an old romantic, if England don’t win it I’d love to see Messi lift the trophy.

I was thinking that and in doing so Messi could rub Ronaldo's nose in it.
  • This, very much this.👆
  • Complete opposite for me 😂
    #teamronaldo
  • Gueye was booked yesterday and so misses the England game.
  • Denmark look pretty lacklustre considering they need to win.
  • France conceded as Fofana was busy complaining to the referee instead of going after the Tunisian player. He would have easily caught him had he not given him a headstart.
  • Very overrated imo.
  • strewth!! Was not expecting that
  • The good news is I won’t have to keep hearing about Christian Eriksen. That’s all they talk about in the US when talking about Denmark.
  • No way is that a penalty.
  • No way is that a penalty.

I find myself saying 'the game's gone' a lot nowadays, but that was probably the worst decision I think I've ever seen.
  • The penalty awarded to Portugal the other night was just as bad.
  • If it was an unknown player from a less prominent country it IMO would never have been given, and this ref is a very highly regarded ref from The Netherlands…
    Oh well, Argentina now ahead…
  • edited November 2022
    Poland going through on fair play at this moment.... 4 yellows to 7 yellows
  • Poles 5 yellows now (someone will dead cert score or concede in the Mex and Poland games before the final whistles IMO though)
  • I just love watching Messi strolling around like it’s a kick about over the park until he gets the ball,then anything can happen.
  • had to wait a lonnnnngggg time to be right on that goal coming
  • 🇵🇱 are a great watch aren’t they? Not!
  • France must be rubbing their hands. Can’t see any team out there stopping Mbappe from scoring especially Poland.
  • Right. The wife is away in Scotland for the rest of the World Cup, so now I can start a new lifestyle to include matches from 5pm to 4am, followed by golf 3 times a week from 5am, and a drink with the lads twice a week from 4pm to 7pm. Damn, there's a clash straight away, and I haven't thought about feeding the dogs or myself yet. Come back, wifey!
  • Whereabouts in the world are you Kuching?