The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• This ref is so whistle happy - just want the final one!
  • Mason Mount, what’s the point?
  • Rather poor, really.
  • edited November 2022
    IronHerb said:

Mason Mount, what’s the point?

Harry Kane, ditto?

Or.. y' know... England 😂
  • Wasn’t great was it? Still, it’s tournament football and we’re virtually in the knockout stage so not all bad.Remember the dire game against Scotland in the Euros and we got to the final.
  • edited November 2022
    IMHO if we talking about poor performances tonight, you could add many from the England team, including Rice… He was not alone though for sure…
    Take the point and move on, but a drab performance and probably 2nd best tonight
  • Rice did his job for England which is not to stray far from the back four.
  • IronHerb said:

Rice did his job for England which is not to stray far from the back four.

To me he looked a bit lethargic and didn’t close down enough..
    I’m certainly not saying he was alone, as I said above, or the worst of our players, just simply didn’t think he had a great game tonight ( like most of them )… IMO of course 👍🏻
  • Tbh, given what his role in the team is, I thought Rice was one of our better players.
  • I think Southgate was watching a different game if he felt we worked it out from the back well. At least the pundits in the studio called him on it, I thought it was one of the reasons for such a stale performance as we just had no tempo to our game.
  • I was hopeful going into this as I thought Iran looked ok against Wales, which made our wide margin victory and dominance over them look even better than it did after Monday. Tonight however the USA would have left the pitch disappointed as they were the better team regard quality and determination to press forward with intent.

There were no real good performances with perhaps Maguire worth a mention as the only one, but the selection I really can't understand is Mount. We have better.

• My Chelsea mate has gone early:
    “Useless “, “ they should just come home now”,This is all down to the manager, he must go”

After the Iran game it was :”Brilliant stuff “, “we’re going all the way”.

Your modern football fan for ya.
  • USA really needed to win + England needed to not lose and not pick up injuries/cards.
    Job done but a disappointing watch.
  • Must admit, I won't be sorry to see North African and Middle Eastern teams eliminated if it means an end to constant whistling/booing every time the opposition is in possession; it's really grating imo.
  • Must admit, I won't be sorry to see North African and Middle Eastern teams eliminated if it means an end to constant whistling/booing every time the opposition is in possession; it's really grating imo.

You do watch the CL don't you?
  • edited November 2022
    Just had a very brief dip in the Twitter cesspool. Good grief you’d think Southgate had stolen Christmas.
    I know I’m an old boy now but so many modern fans seem to think that our club or the national team should win every single game. There’s no thought about how the opposition are trying to win as well as attempting to stop us from doing so.
    So depressing.
  • It keeps them off the streets though. 😄
  • Gotta take the positives, if we had won then there would be nothing to play for in the final game and therefore giving the Welsh a chance.

This way we still need a result and can hopefully send them home 👋🏻
  • IronHerb said:

Must admit, I won't be sorry to see North African and Middle Eastern teams eliminated if it means an end to constant whistling/booing every time the opposition is in possession; it's really grating imo.

You do watch the CL don't you?
    Not very often tbh.
  • Obviously they’re all primed what to say. Even Declan is saying apart from hitting the bar they didn’t put them under too much pressure.
  • Does anyone else think this is something FIFA shouldn’t be condoning?

“Cristian o Ronaldo a 'total genius' for winning Portugal penalty - Fifa”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63766703
  • Tunisia 0 - 1 Australia, both teams giving it 100% up until the final whistle. Great stuff
  • We should be able to beat Wales and ensure we win the group which would allow us to avoid Holland and most likely provide a tie against Ecuador or Senegal.

Wales were very poor against Iran and lucky to get to as far as they did into the match without conceding. We do know they will be up for our match probably more than any other and will want to go home with a good performance in this so we will need be nearer our Iran performance than our USA to make sure of things.
  • edited November 2022
    Wales will certainly be up for it; apart from the fact that it's against England they will still qualify if they win and USA v Iran is a draw (or automatically in the unlikely event that they win by 4 goals or more).
  • Not sure Holland need avoiding tbh.
  • edited November 2022
    If we finish second then we'll be on the same side of the draw as Spain and Brazil - assuming they finish top of their groups

Saudi really giving Poland a hard time. Poland had three players booked in five minutes and the Saudi manager just got a yellow too.
  • Saudi Arabia look pretty good. Move the ball quickly and create a lot of space for each other. One of the better teams to watch so far.
  • I wouldn't especially fear Holland but I would rather play Ecudor or Senagal.
  • Agree, maybe their win against Argentina was less of a fluke than I thought and BTW, I am really looking forward to Mexico Vs Argentina,

Cue evil laugh 😏
  • Dare I say I’m quite enjoying the mighty West Ham not messing up my weekends at the moment. =)