The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• Why did we let him go? I watched him score 2 against Citeh at the UP Jan 2016.

He’d lost the dressing room.

• Unless I've missed something, I've not seen any comments about Paquetá who I thought played well.
  • Didn’t see the Brazil game (just the goals) so did wonder 👍🏻
  • Ravel49 said:

Didn’t see the Brazil game (just the goals) so did wonder 👍🏻

Ask Slacker, he's got a TV don't ya know 😂🤣😂
  • Listening to you Ali McCoist today reminded me of an old gag :
    What’s the difference between Ali McCoist and Walt Disney?

Ali McCoist plays football for Scotland but Walt Disney.

All week………
  • Why did we let him go? I watched him score 2 against Citeh at the UP Jan 2016.

He went on loan during this transfer window. After 68 appearances and only 10 goals.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2016/september/01-september/summer-transfer-window-round
  • Nope
    Not having it
    No facts please
    #moyesout
  • OMG, there's a huge Cross of St.George on the pitch. How could we be so insulting, naive and insensitive.
  • Declan Rice occupying the "let me just stand next to the American strikers instead of finding space to give my defenders another option to pass to" role.
  • England are so boring it hurts.
  • OMG, there's a huge Cross of St.George on the pitch. How could we be so insulting, naive and insensitive.

There's nothing insulting, naive and insensitive about displaying the national flag.

You have missed the point.
  • MrsGrey said:

OMG, there's a huge Cross of St.George on the pitch. How could we be so insulting, naive and insensitive.

There's nothing insulting, naive and insensitive about displaying the national flag.

No MrsGrey you've missed the point.
  • I did think that was tongue in cheek 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • edited November 2022

MrsGrey said:

OMG, there's a huge Cross of St.George on the pitch. How could we be so insulting, naive and insensitive.

Don't think I have. It's a dig.

My ' missed the point ' refers to why people have been ASKED not to dress up in particular costumes. It's nothing to do with the flag.
  • Pretty even thus far, if anything we are slightly fortunate to get in on level terms, need to press them more and have a bit more composure on the ball.

• edited November 2022
    At least the groups are decided on goal difference rather than head-to-head; if we draw tonight then Wales need to beat us by 4 goals unless, it's a really high scoring game when 3 goals would be enough, to qualify ahead of us.
  • MrsGrey said:

MrsGrey said:

Don't think I have. It's a dig.

My ' missed the point ' refers to why people have been ASKED not to dress up in particular costumes. It's nothing to do with the flag.
    Then we're talking at cross purposes.
  • Slacker said:

IronHerb said:

My England v USA bingo call is 'England have never beaten the USA at the World Cup'

My pick would be “ 1950 was one of THE great shocks in World Cup history “.

BINGO!!

• Just hearing the dreary strains of the UK national anthem drifting across from the stands has reminded me that yesterday when I had the footy in in the background I was baffled by what appeared to be the South Korean fans singing Ode to Joy ( or tune anyway)

A bit of determined googling revealed that they use that tune for one of their chants/songs. I couldn't find out why though.
  • Slacker said:

Slacker said:

IronHerb said:

My England v USA bingo call is 'England have never beaten the USA at the World Cup'

BINGO!!

Did anybody have the Rob Green clanger on their card?

...wonder how GreenoEnglandsBest is getting on these days. #Debenhams #likedJussiToo
  • Bellingham keeps looking for the foul. Is Grealish coaching him?
  • The US are more up for this than we are, I struggle with that
  • Hate that USA chant 😡 Really winds me up.
  • How is Foden not on the pitch
  • Slacker said:

Slacker said:

IronHerb said:

BINGO!!

BINGO BINGO!!!

• edited November 2022
    Slacker said:

Slacker said:

Slacker said:

IronHerb said:

BINGO!!

BINGO BINGO!!!

Not sure if we've got same Comms, but I laughed out loud when Lee Dixon deadpanned ' I wasn't in that'.

You're on a hattrick.
  • MrsGrey said:

Slacker said:

Slacker said:

Slacker said:

IronHerb said:

BINGO!!

BINGO BINGO!!!

Not sure if we've got same Comms, but I laughed out loud when Lee Dixon deadpanned ' I wasn't in that'.

You're on a hattrick.
    Highlight of the game so far.