The World Cup Squads and Preamble; And it's ... Live!!

Comments

• He might be wearing it in photos but not in matches. They’ve bowed to FIFA pressure who of course are in the pay of their Qatar masters.
  • thorn, I have you seen Hugo Loris comments on why he isn't wearing an armband supporting the LBTQ protest?
  • But Spurs keeper Lloris was never planning to join in the protests and said: “Fifa is organising this competition and it’s up to them to put the regulations in place.

“As players we are here to play football and represent our teams as best as we can on the sporting front.

“I am a player at this competition and I would prefer to stay in my box.

“There are different causes that should be supported and these movements are commendable, but it’s up to FIFA to take these decisions.”
  • Very Spursy.
  • Just following orders :+1:
  • What a disgusting decision by FIFA. Any credibility they may have had with me is up in smoke now.
    Absolutely pathetic.😡😡😡😡
  • edited November 2022
    It is up to FIFA to make the decisions. Sadly it is about as corrupt as you can get so it won’t make any decisions on that count.
    Yesterday’s game emphasised how it should never have been awarded to Qatar even on a football basis. Half time Qataris knew they’d lose and totally lost interest and left.

• Yesterday’s game emphasised how it should never have been awarded to Qatar even on a football basis. Half time Qataris knew they’d lose and totally lost interest and left.

I've seen that happen at West Ham.
  • Some fans left at half time but more stayed. The gaps became more noticeable after 70 minutes but the bunch in maroon t shirts behind the goal kept it up for 90 minutes

England, Wales, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands and Switzerland are the seven countries whose captains were going to wear rainbow armbands but now won't

Allegedly some Iranian fans are going to boo their national anthem

• Allegedly some Iranian fans are going to boo their national anthem

Have they sought Infantino's permission? He won't like it.
  • Southgate out

Too soon?
  • Of course these causes are not helped by England fans going to a Muslim country dressed as Knights Templar
  • Ravel49 said:

Southgate out

Too soon?

I’d give it a few more minutes.

• To be fair, that was areally professional performance, Iran set up to defend deep and make it difficult for us but we were able to create few chances and dominate, job done

Well done lads
  • Should be more . =)
  • Iran ranked 20th by FIFA, Wales 19th and USA 16th

Elo ratings has Wales 25th, Iran 24th and USA 23rd

I get the feeling that England in Group B of the World Cup could be a bit like West Ham in Group B of the Europa Conference League...
  • Of course these causes are not helped by England fans going to a Muslim country dressed as Knights Templar

Thorn, apart from not seeing the connection, I can't find any images of said fans.
  • Complete inconsistency with the VAR decisions, if theirs was a penalty then the early one on Maguire was a penalty 10 times over. Fortunately it had no bearing on today's result, but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the decision making ability of the officials.
  • Antonio goes missing yet again.
  • edited November 2022
    Great performance. Superb start and every player turned in a top performance.
    So good to see us begin like that.👏
    Hope their keeper’s ok.
  • edited November 2022

Thorn, apart from not seeing the connection, I can't find any images of said fans.

A lone fan interviewed by Talk TV. Murdoch's news channel that is paying Piers Morgan £50m over three years and that hardly anyone watches

• There were others in the crowd. Agreed not that many but still seems a crass thing to do. This one obviously did not know that they were the SAS of the day fighting Muslims in the crusades.
  • Saw a Bolton Hammers flag.👍⚒
  • More likely he's doing a St George/Richard the Lionheart/general crusader stereotype

The Templars were mostly French
  • I see SSN gave Declan the lowest rating of all team members..
    IMO that is rubbish....he has probably the least glamorous role in the team, and perhaps 1 or 2 loose passes etc in 2nd half, but apart from that a 5/10 rating is simply not true IMO......
    Oh well, England off to a very good start is the bigger picture I guess..
  • I see SSN gave Declan the lowest rating of all team members..
    IMO that is rubbish....he has probably the least glamorous role in the team, and perhaps 1 or 2 loose passes etc in 2nd half, but apart from that a 5/10 rating is simply not true IMO......
    Oh well, England off to a very good start is the bigger picture I guess..

All the better for us if he has only an average WC, perhaps a little less interest in him. ;)

• I found it interesting that for the moments we were down to ten men when Maguire was off, it was Jude filling in at CB rather than Rice 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • edited November 2022
    *Spoiler Alert*

Oh and the Netherlands won the World Cup when I did my first season in Football Manager.
    So there the winners 👍🏻🏆
  • Richard 1st spent most of his life in France and fought in the crusades with the Templars. The point is I wouldn’t go to a strict Muslim country dressed in the garb of the people who fought bitter battles against them especially as they are anti West.
    He must be the kind of guy who would go alone into a Millwall pub in full Hammers gear