Couldn't think - from Sept 2022

Comments

• Never in doubt; apart from about six overs out when for a while we suddenly couldn't keep up with needing a run a ball! I may have started to have a few doubts then.

Excellent.

Yeah, we went from wanting 61 off 61 balls (exactly 6 an over) to 45 off 31 balls (8.71 an over). Whilst in T20 cricket that's always a very attainable target with 6 wickets in hand, the fact that we went from being well ahead of the scoring rate to seeing it shoot up was a worry, and things woulda been a whole lot tenser if Afridi hadn't injured himself.

Redemption of sorts in a T20 World Cup final for Stokes who went for 4 consecutive 6s off the first 4 balls when bowling the final over whilst trying to defend the 19 runs required by W Indies in 2016.
  • Afridi injuring himself definitely helped us, it would have been alot closer otherwise. Well deserved England, the first team to be World Champions in both formats of one day cricket at the same time.
  • Bad news from Ex, Masuaku suffered a "bone endema" injury to his knee which could keep him out for three months

A real shame as up until that he'd started every match for Besiktas, had been playing well by all reports and had logged up a couple of assists - both goals by fellow Congo international Jackson Muleka
  • We also have players in international friendlies where their country didn’t make it to the finals.
  • I got

Kylian Mbappe

You've got lightning pace and are clinical in front of goal. You're a big fan of other sports outside football, especially basketball. You're into fashion and if there's a new sneaker release, you've got to get your hands on them.
  • Virgil van Dyke. Baz will be pleased, not sure i am =)

• edited November 2022
    You're quite shy and reserved but let your football do the talking on the pitch. You see things others don't and can pick out the perfect pass time and time again. You still love a good night out and even mix with players from your club's biggest rivals
    That’s right, I’m KDB
  • We also have players in international friendlies where their country didn’t make it to the finals.

Indeed, Benrahma, Soucek and Coufal I think, with games tomorrow and at the weekend isn't it?
  • 😬

Cristiano Ronaldo

You're a big deal and you know it. You have plenty of talent to show off, so thrive when all eyes are on you. You have all the natural ability, but are constantly striving to improve so you can be the best.

• Talking of CR7, Mrs E asked if I would like my photo taken next to his statue earlier today here in Madeira. My reply would certainly have been modded 😁
  • I got Harry Kane. How sad am i?
  • Me too. Which is weird cos I avoided all golf options and totally made up the answers to about 4 questions as there wasn't a ' none of the above' option. 😂
  • MrsGrey said:

Me too. Which is weird cos I avoided all golf options and totally made up the answers to about 4 questions as there wasn't a ' none of the above' option. 😂

I have a feeling there was no path that led you to Ngolo Kante - even if he wasn't injured for the tournament.
  • MrsGrey said:

Me too. Which is weird cos I avoided all golf options and totally made up the answers to about 4 questions as there wasn't a ' none of the above' option. 😂

I did the same and guess who I got - yes Harry Kane. What's occurring? >:)
  • Lionel Messi

You're the star of the show and light up any football pitch. You make things happen and have an eye for goal. When you're not spending time with the family, it's about walking the dogs or playing games.

I am a bit messy but the other half does keep me on my toes
  • I got Antonio.🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Slacker said:

I got Antonio.🤷🏻‍♂️

Of course you did. 😂
  • He doesn't tend to pasta other players either...

Indeed, Benrahma, Soucek and Coufal I think, with games tomorrow and at the weekend isn't it?
    Coufal took all of 13 minutes to register an assist for the Czech Republic, and Soucek followed suit 6 minutes later, in their match against the Faroe Islands today.
  • Ivan Toney has been charged with breaking FA betting rules 232 times, if proven he could be banned for a few months which would kill off any chance of a transfer in January
  • edited November 2022
    Continuing the theme of "what is it good for"

Cue "War............ absolutely nothing", the late, great Edwin Starr!
  • edited November 2022
    I've just been reading a copy of the original lease on the flat I'm buying.

I'm amused by some the restrictions it was thought necessary to specify:

I can't hang out my washing on Christmas day.
    I must put rubber insulation material under the feet of my piano.
    I may not use the flat for revolutionary or treasonable purposes.

Damn.
  • Bit like the restrictions on here Mrs Grey .Can you swear in your new flat =)
  • edited November 2022
    We are a grandfather.*
    Baby Bella came into the world on Tuesday at 3.55 pm and she already rocks my world.❤️

* nods to thatcher.
  • I take it your suggestion of Antonia didn’t go down to well then 😜

Congrats to one an all 🥂
This discussion has been closed.