Couldn't think - from Sept 2022

Comments

• Congrats 🥂
  • MrsGrey said:

I've just been reading a copy of the original lease on the flat I'm buying.

I'm amused by some the restrictions it was thought necessary to specify:

I can't hang out my washing on Christmas day.
    I must put rubber insulation material under the feet of my piano.
    I may not use the flat for revolutionary or treasonable purposes.

Damn.

This reminds me of the yes/no questions on the green card application to enter the United States - and yes, these are true -

Are you entering the United States to engage in espionage?
    Do you plan on assassinating the President?

And I my personal favorite

In the past ten years, have you ever engaged with or ever plan to do so in the future, the services of a prostitute?

My pen definitely hesitated at “ever plan to do so in the future”. 🤔

• Well done Slacker. 👶

People just don't understand the grandparental stress of these events. 🥳
  • Congrats Slacker, I've got two and a quarter grandkids =)
  • My wife and I are both married on our second time around, my claim to fame is that I am essentially a grandfather, without ever having been a father.

I think of my father looking down on me and saying,”Well Played sir” 😀
  • Cut out the middle man then. The cheapest route to grandchildren. 😁
  • Congrats, Slacker. And to all involved.
  • Very little information about the nature of the surgery Zouma has had, so no idea of likely timescale for recovery. Speculation on various sites that it could be a lengthy spell out (mostly based on the fact that knee ops often have a long recovery), but the lack of information is a concern to me; if it was a relatively minor operation you'd have thought the club would have said so 🤔🤔🤔.

https://www.whufc.com/news/zouma-undergoes-knee-surgery
  • edited November 2022
    Just noticed that Claret and Hugh is reporting that his sources tell him it was a "small operation", but it is in the same knee that he ruptured his ACL in back in 2016. Still nothing concrete really.
  • My wife and I are both married on our second time around, my claim to fame is that I am essentially a grandfather, without ever having been a father.

I think of my father looking down on me and saying,”Well Played sir” 😀

Similar situation for me, except that I have two children of my own, both girls, neither of whom have children. The elder never wanted kids, and it hasn't happened with the younger. Thankfully though, I have 4 grandkids (2 of each) via my wife's children and they all call me granddad, which is all that matters.
  • Just noticed that Claret and Hugh is reporting that his sources tell him it was a "small operation", but it is in the same knee that he ruptured his ACL in back in 2016. Still nothing concrete really.

Concrete knees is what an old workmate used to complain about, really painful apparently. =)
  • Whatever happened to the good old cartilage? Other than broken legs that was the most common long term injury back in the day. Now its ACL's and metatarsal injuries.🤔
  • edited November 2022
    Amid all the World Cup kerfuffle the FA Cup 3rd round draw is live tonight on BBC 2, 7pm, while Portugal v Uruguay is on ITV (cheeky)

We are no.42

M...scum no.26
  • 42 - the meaning of life, the universe and everything
  • Away to Brentford
  • We will be able to concentrate on survival. 😀
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63785489

It appears Juve just can't stop being corrupt. Kick them out of football.
  • They don’t seem to learn do they?
  • I see that the PL have said they won’t adopt FIFA’s new stoppage time protocol and will stick to what they normally do.
    I suppose that means adding 3 minutes regardless of what happens.
    Time to take timekeeping out of the refs hands?
  • Argentina need to win to avoid France in the next round
  • Argentina probably need a win just to reach the next round.

• I suppose that means adding 3 minutes regardless of what happens.

Unless Liverpool are losing, or only drawing a match they expect to win.
  • buffy, That is also likely to happen at Old Trafford or the Emirates.
  • buffy, That is also likely to happen at Old Trafford or the Emirates.

Maybe, but I thought I'd be more likely to get a rise out of Baz if I only mentioned Liverpool 😂🤣😂
  • The cricket’s good innit?
    Proper crickit as a a wife beating former England batsman might say.
  • Slacker said:

The cricket’s good innit?
    Proper crickit as a a wife beating former England batsman might say.

Scoring at 6 an over isn't cricket he'd recognise 😂🤣😂
  • 4 centuries on the first day of a Test Match, I doubt that's ever happened before, has it?
  • Ridiculous, they've only managed 75 overs in the day instead of 90. Given the lights were on already, and they must know what time the sun sets, why are they playing this time of year or starting so late if it's going to be nigh on impossible to get a full day's play?
  • If you can score 500 in a day, who needs 90 overs hahaha
This discussion has been closed.