Chelsea (A) - 3 Sep

Comments

• Yeah saw this
    Needs to train with a mask next week
  • edited September 2022

Did anyone else hear this?

I assumed Aubameyang was out because he'd been signed too late to be registered but he has a broken jaw.

He was assaulted by burglars in his home on Sunday night!

Maybe disgusted Gooners in disguise?
  • Yes it was on the BBC and/or Sky the other day (when it put the TF to Chelsea in jeopardy - Nobody likes being denied a TF!)
  • I probably missed this but why was it taken off sky and moved back to today?
  • Because Chelsea have a CL game on Tuesday in Zagreb.
  • IronHerb said:

Because Chelsea have a CL game on Tuesday in Zagreb.

5:45pm ko too

No doubt Tuchel will be moaning about that too

PS does anyone else find it rather ironic that Zagreb were 2nd to us in the Group Stage of the Europa League and yet they are in the Champions League while we're in the Conference?
  • Not really. The Croatian league is somewhat easier than the Prem.
  • Indeed

Zagreb have been champions for the last five seasons and have won the league 23 times in 31 seasons.

And we complain that the Premier League is predictable!
  • BBC: "Gianluca Scamacca is taking anti-biotics for a virus."

Sounds ridiculous. Do we even have a doctor at the club who could explain to Scamacca that antibiotics are 100 per cent useless against viruses?
  • Because the BBC say he has a virus doesn’t mean he does. Moyes said he had a throat etc infection.
  • BBC is suffering from the same problem as other news outlets, reduced to using unpaid interns to write copy with few sub editors to check their work before it gets published
  • A computer virus
  • What Moyes actually said after the Spurs game (from football.london)

"Yes. He was ill. There's a name for it where your gums and your throat [hurt] and he's had it since after the Aston Villa game. Wasn't well and hasn't trained since then. We're hoping the antibiotics would have maybe kicked in but they didn't. With a bit of luck, we will get him back tomorrow and get him started, if his temperature is down, but he wasn't well."

No mention of virus
  • Maybe it was a virus and that’s why the antibiotics didn’t kick in.
  • I would imagine the club doctor is competent enough to diagnose the illness and prescribe the relevant medication

I somehow doubt they'd just stuff him full of antibiotics and hope they sort it out
  • Paqueta starts for Benrahma. Emerson in for Cresswell. No Johnson, Cresswell or Scamacca.
  • Whatever was done hasn’t worked because he’s not in the squad.
  • Tuchel shuffles his squad

Fofana makes his debut, Gallagher and Pulisic into the starting XI,

Jorginho, Mount and Havertz all dropped to the bench

Mendy
    Fofana Silva Koulibaly
    James Loftus-Cheek Gallager Kovacic Cucarella
    Pulisic Sterling

Resting players ahead of the Dinamo Zagreb game?
  • 8 subs including 2 keepers. What squad depth?!
  • So still only one striker to choose from .nothing seems to change
  • Chelsea fans ain’t happy with their line up
  • how many do you want in the squad? We have Cresswell, Johnson, Aguerd, Dawson, Scamacca all out injured or ill.
  • I was joking btw
  • Ashby is not on the bench. Is he injured or sulking?
  • Pengeman, Hopefully he is fit as David Moyes wants to include him in our European games.
  • He's not with the U21s, playing away against City
  • Oooh I like this game

He’s not at London Zoo..
  • I like the look of Paqueta. He seems to work hard and press well
  • I think we should refuse to play if Chelsea don’t allow us to have the ball
  • What does it take for referees to give a free kick for a foul on Antonio - a broken leg?