Chelsea (A) - 3 Sep

Comments

• Goal chalked off. Diabolical decision
  • What a joke
  • edited September 2022
    How is that NOT a goal! No foul. He pushed the ball out and whatever Bowen scrapped on him had no effect on what happened straight after
  • Sooner VAR goes the better & that’s not biased, said it two years ago
  • Football has gone soft ,i hate it
  • Mendy goes down. What can Bowen do there?
    That’s a big 6 call right there.
  • edited September 2022
    That's the second goal we've had taken from us this season that never should have been. That's never a foul nor did it affect the keeper's involvement in what happened afterwards.
  • Time and time and time again decisions go the way of the big clubs, I just can't stand how this bias is allowed when it's there for all to see. It's putting me right of football tbh.
  • Also, I want a ref to have the guts to stand by his original decision on something like this when he's called over to the monitor.
  • Sooner referees have to come out & face the cameras at the end of the game to review their key decisions the better. I have said this for years even more so since they have had VAR to “assist” them. 😡
  • Pathetic by VAR and the ref.
    Bias and unfair.
  • edited September 2022
    Ultimately we can all bemoan VAR, Cornet should have scored at 1-1, we’ve lost the game. Only 3 goals in 6 games. Not great.
  • Could have been so different if Cornet had buried that header.
  • Then Havertz dives on the floor. Again pathetic.
  • The point is VAR does not need to get involved. It’s the whole issue. There is no clear & obvious error so no need to get involved in the game.
  • We can all call it an injustice, this Chelsea side have lost to Saints & Leeds comfortably. We haven’t asked enough of them & it’s gutting to go 1-0 up & lose 2-1 in last 15 mins.
  • We deserved a point at least. Played a good controlled and disciplined game. Poor rereferring cost us the game against Moyes' bogey team.
  • Moyes looked furious.
  • edited September 2022
    I thought it was a foul. Bowen leaves his leg in. But I don’t think VAR should have got involved once the ref allowed the goal.
  • If I was on the field I’d be going mad. I’m glad under Moyes our players are professional enough to shake the Chelsea players hands despite the frustration they must be feeling.

Serious question, do you think if what happened to Mendy at the end happened to Fab instead, would we get the VAR decision going in our way? I try to look at things without my West Ham glasses on but I’m not sure we would have had the same luck if a Chelsea attacker ran into Fab.
  • He doesn't leave his leg in. Mendy's trying to clatter him and Bowen's done everything possible to jump over. Mendy is fine until he sees the ball fall to Cornet
  • edited September 2022
    He does. It’s obvious.

The argument is Mendy could have done more with the ball had Bowen not left his foot in there to hit Mendy. That’s what VAR have got involved for.
  • Forget the VAR we need to wake up. We don’t play any game in the first half and repeatedly concede goals by either missing a chance or losing the ball at the other end.
    4 points from 6 games is worrying and I think we can probably forget any chance of top 6 or 7 this season as we can’t put two decent halves together at the moment.
    I said 11 points minimum from our first 8 games but I think we are looking at 5 as Newcastle and Everton are not going to be easy games at all.
  • Lukerz said:

I thought it was a foul. Bowen leaves his leg in. But I don’t think VAR should have got involved once the ref allowed the goal.

He barely scrapes him with his trailing leg! He's already pushed the ball out to Cornet before any contact

This is up there with the worst VAR involvement for me nd thats with no bias

• He doesn't. He jumps over and drags it over him
  • Gutted doesn’t come close.
    I can handle losing but like that? Mende conned that ref something rotten, he saw that the ball had landed at Cornet’s feet and he was going to plant it in the net and stayed down like he’d been shot, cheating plain and simple and the dozy ref and VAR swallowed it.
    Proper ruined my Saturday night that has.
  • Moyes tried to see out the game for the point and it backfired.
  • Yep. The key to take away from this is yet again cautious tactics.
  • Forget the VAR we need to wake up. We don’t play any game in the first half and repeatedly concede goals by either missing a chance or losing the ball at the other end.
    4 points from 6 games is worrying and I think we can probably forget any chance of top 6 or 7 this season as we can’t put two decent halves together at the moment.
    I said 11 points minimum from our first 8 games but I think we are looking at 5 as Newcastle and Everton are not going to be easy games at all.

Six games in and “ we can probably forget top six or seven” are you being serious?