Chelsea (A) - 3 Sep

Comments

• Not worried but it just doesn’t look good.
  • I would really like the pundits on BBC & Sky to vent their dismay at these decisions instead of towing the party line not to be controversial. From what Alan Shearer has tweeted he might just do so as Newcastle has a bad call today. Is it just coincidence that the head of the referees is being replaced?
  • For once i would like a manager to be honest and say VAR got it wrong but we’re taking the win.
  • Mendy should be ashamed, but I guess he is now laughing at how easily he conned VAR , and subsequently the ref. Why are players and managers punished for talking about refs, but we are not allowed to hear the refs comments (or match report) as if they are untouchable
  • Michael Owen was outraged about that on the stream I saw, he though it was a con and appalling
  • epsom_bubbles - See my comment @ 4.57.
  • I reckon Moyes is going to be in trouble for that interview. The refs ought to cough up the fine for him, after all it's their fault!
    Any chance of Mendy being retrospectively banned for conning the ref? Doubt it would ever happen but I'd love it if it did.
  • We have a busy run of games until we face Liverpool away. We need to start picking up some points now.
  • Lukerz, That's a good point but it appears it is slightly out of our hands based on todays antics by the officials. :p
  • Yes but if Cornet scores the header, or Fab actually deals with that first goal, we don’t lose regardless of the ‘Bowen’ situation. We are also our own enemy. That piece of keeping from Fab gets worse each time I see it. Horrible.
  • Changing the subject, I think it's time Areola is the starting GK, Fab is costing us now.

Based on what exactly?

• These days football doesn’t get me too wound up, but that game finished nearly seven hours ago and I’m still furious.😡
  • I am agreeing with an earlier comment, when consulting the monitor, I would love to see a Ref have the courage of his convictions and conclude that his original decision stands.

The monitor may present a viewpoint that he missed but he should still have the integrity and perspective to conclude whether what he missed really would have effected the outcome.

For the record, I missed todays game so will watch it later
  • Not gonna be too upset...the game has gone

The officials can't even get it right when they have a video replay

The big 6 bias is a joke and it's not even worth complaining about

Untill the incompetent refs are made accountable the what's the point?
  • Was anything said on MOTD?
  • If you can't see the video basically all the pundits especially Shearer were pretty disgusted with the var call
  • Cheers for that Ham 👍

Lot of good it does us though 😭😭😭
  • (now that I am less irritated)

Blackadder2: Captain Rum (from memory) Opinion is divided on the subject. All the other Captains say it is, I say it isn't

#No names mentioned
  • edited September 2022
    Captain Redbeard Rum was ex-Doctor Who Tom Baker (Potato, Season 2, Episode 3)

Edmund: Look, there’s no need to panic. Someone in the crew will know how to steer this thing.

Rum: The crew, milord?

Edmund: Yes, the crew.

Rum: What crew?

Edmund: I was under the impression that it was common maritime practice for a ship to have a crew.

Rum: Opinion is divided on the subject.

Edmund: Oh, really?

Rum: Yahs. All the other captains say it is; I say it isn’t.

Edmund: Oh, God; Mad as a brush.

Mendy went down to save a back header from Reece James. Bowen stumbled on his way to trying to jump over Mendy
  • Woken up in a real foul mood. I'm so angry about that VAR call.
  • And to boot Reece James kicking out at Antonio
  • Michael Oliver was sent to the monitor but stuck to his original decision.
  • Yep, a petulant 'small man' deal.
  • Baz, Probably because for a change he made the right decision.
  • Hamstew said:

Woken up in a real foul mood. I'm so angry about that VAR call.

Hamstew said:

Woken up in a real foul mood. I'm so angry about that VAR call.

Obviously theres an 8 hour difference to London here so I havent had the chance yet to wake up still irritated with the decision
  • edited September 2022
    I still can’t help but watch the goal & ask why Bowen leaves his leg in. I’m assuming it’s to try & win a penalty in case he got to the ball first. If he just completely hurdles Mendy we score. When you see it slowed down on VAR it looks like he’s kicked him.
  • Lukerz, We can’t have it all! If that is Salah or Ronaldo they would ensure they fell theatrically to try to get a penalty. Nothing I have seen or read indicates the decision was right.
  • Lukerz, you're ploughing a lone furrow with this.
  • The worst decision we’ve had against us since Tony Gale was sent off by Hacket for sneezing near a bloke in that semi final against Forest all those years ago.