The Transfer Window

Comments

• Ravel49 said:

Never a dull moment here it seems!
  • Utd have a £7.6m bid rejected for Marko Arnautovic
  • There is a rumour that Benrahma could be playing against us next Sunday? 🤔
  • That doesn't sound like a disaster waiting to happen
  • Hamstew, Probably true but as long as he is replaced correctly. Cornet has arrived so why not seriously go for Aouar or Paqueta from Lyon for example?
  • I’ll don’t think with vlasic or benrahma are quite good enough and not really Moyes type players if we need to sell to get the right players in then so be it but pls have players lined up to replace them
  • I’ll don’t think with vlasic or benrahma are quite good enough and not really Moyes type players if we need to sell to get the right players in then so be it but pls have players lined up to replace them

But Moyes literally signed them both. If they're not 'Moyes type players' then why are they even here?
  • edited August 2022
    If we let both Benhrama and Vlasic go then I will be baffled.
  • OCS benrahma I think was a sully special vlasic seemed like a panic buy , I’m hoping now Newman is in we can avoid signing players for the sake of it. Moyes has said he won’t sign players for the sake of it in interviews in the past.
  • edited August 2022
    Benrahma is not consistent enough IMO and Vlasic, either not good enough or not suited to the PL, I wouldn’t be too bothered if both were sold, as long as replacement players improve us ….⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • OCS benrahma I think was a sully special vlasic seemed like a panic buy , I’m hoping now Newman is in we can avoid signing players for the sake of it. Moyes has said he won’t sign players for the sake of it in interviews in the past.

I don't disagree re Benrahma, but it does kind of make a mockery of the idea that Moyes has the final say on transfers.

Vlasic, in hindsight, feels like the very epitome of a panic buy. Spent all of that window chasing Lingard and then threw money at someone in the attempt to soften the blow of Man Utd saying no. But again, it contradicts the Moyes position of not signing players that don't immediately improve the first eleven.
  • There may come at point in the window (31st ?) where DM has stuck to his beliefs, we are still short of a few players, and we end up doing what OCS indicated we did last summer with Vlasic. Just saying ok. 😬
  • I’m hoping now Sullivan has stepped back from transfers our business will be done more professionally (no constant low balling etc) and Moyes gets the type of players he wants. Every manager has signings that don’t come off maybe that’s th3 case with vlasic overall the window has been better so far hoping we can get a few more in to make it a great window
  • Apparently we're interested in Dan-Axel Zagadou. I'll leave it to Baz to say the obvious hahaha
  • Seems odd a few of the CB options linked are ones with a history of injury problems

Like the only reason we need a CB in the first place is that the current 4 are either injured or injury prone
  • Apparently we're interested in Dan-Axel Zagadou. I'll leave it to Baz to say the obvious hahaha

I thought it the other day but decided to resist plus just be content we could have 2 players to sing the same song about ;)
  • If he were to be injured, he'd probably get repaired much faster. Well I mean, how long does it take to fix a Broken-Axel.

COAT Please! ;)
  • While I'm at it, I was dreaming about Cornet scoring the winner in the FA Cup Final and a photo of him holding the Cup aloft with the inevitable Sun headline "Maxwell's a Silver Hammer".

• Issa Diop off to Fulham - £17m (according to a couple of the more reliable journos on Twitter.
  • Lukerz, We must have someone lined up, Szalai if the rumours are correct, as Senesi is reported to be joining Bournemouth again if the stories are true. He has said he doesn't want to play so he may as well leave & we can use the money to strengthen elsewhere, Vestergaard turn Fulham down. Should be a busy few weeks at the London Stadium, well it needs to be.
  • I wonder if there is any chance that Moyes is raising money for a bid for Gallagher. What with Vlasic and Benny being up for sale.
    Probably wishful thinking.
  • edited August 2022

If he were to be injured, he'd probably get repaired much faster. Well I mean, how long does it take to fix a Broken-Axel.

COAT Please! ;)

Sorry, the coat refuses to come off its hanger
  • £17mil for Diop is a cracking deal for us

Now let's hope we can get the replacement in
  • edited August 2022
    There is probably a need to get a CB in this week (a fit one, not one who has played no pre-season games).
  • From big Fab:

Fulham are set to sign Issa Diop on permanent deal from West Ham. Full agreement in place and new signing for Marco Silva. ⚪️⚫️ #FulhamFC

Fee will be around £15m package, as @JacobSteinberg reports. Diop will undergo medical tests soon.
  • edited August 2022
    Diop posted a cryptic message with various emojis on his Instagram account. I can’t embed the pic in this thread as I’m a dinosaur with technology
  • Diop posted a cryptic message with various emojis on his Instagram account. I can’t embed the pic in this thread as I’m a dinosaur with technology

• I assume this In relation to speculation he refused to play 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Another value 😂

West Ham accept Diop offer from Fulham
    West Ham have accepted an offer from Fulham for defender Issa Diop.
    The fee is understood to be £13m plus add-ons with the 25-year-old signing a five-year contract.
    Diop is expected to have a medical in next 24-48 hours.
  • Blimey, we lost £4m in less than an hour.
This discussion has been closed.