West Ham Utd v Newcastle Utd. Saturday 19th February, 12:30pm. BT Sport.

Comments

• I think Mark Noble has been giving a masterclass on sidewards and backwards passing.
  • We've found some tempo, but why has it taken us SO long to up the speed at all
  • I think Mark Noble has been giving a masterclass on sidewards and backwards passing.

Noble not even on the pitch and still managing to cop it. Impressive.
  • Said it so many times lately. Too many players out of form but no option but to play them. Most of our players are just looking to give it to Rice.
  • Vlasic is such a waste of money
  • Woeful, uninspiring,boring
  • Dreadful.

Moyes and the board carry this 100%
  • Woeful again. Can't remember the last time we were good
  • That was a definite red in my book - not sure how the Ref thought otherwise
  • Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish!!!
  • edited February 2022
    Poor result. We can forget top 4 on that performance! Mid-table mediocrity beckons.
  • Really, really poor. Fabianski, Johnson, Fredericks, Soucek, Fornals, Benrahma all were miles off it. Antonio wasn't good, but at least he was involved a lot. Bowen and Rice had their quietest games in a while too.
  • Terrible

Questions on Moyes, he chose not to strengthen and he has to take the blame

Too many out of form, players are all shot

Harsh on Newcastle, they should've won today
  • That was horrendous
  • Not sure whether it has been discussed before but i think we need a CF. poor from many players today but well done Dawson.
  • Just not good enough. Second to everything. Up to today I've still been looking up.
  • Making Moyes call to sign nobody look like a shocker
  • Lukerz said:

Making Moyes call to sign nobody look like a shocker

Think everyone said that at the time

Joke

Moyes deserves criticism he isn't above that
  • Barney said:

Not sure whether it has been discussed before but i think we need a CF. poor from many players today but well done Dawson.

We need more than that. Forced to play players badly out of form.
  • Any other top 6 side would have beat them today
  • edited February 2022
    Lukerz said:

Any other top 6 side would have beat them today

Idk, I've seen Man Utd serve up a lot of dross this season.

EDIT: But would also add that I don't think we are a top 6 side. We've massively over performed the last couple of years. I think we're a top half side, but there are 6 sides in this league that should always be finishing above us with the quality and bank balance they have.
  • No shots on target in the 2nd half
  • edited February 2022
    Didn't deserve to win, from a team who looked exciting at the start of season we now look so pony going forward, bereft of any real ideas....

Look, I never thought we'd be where we are in the league, but recent performances have mid mid to lower team performance level, and I know some on here might say look at the results of late, but that performance today and most of our recent ones was nothing more than very, very average, and that's being extremly polite IMO.

If we carry on like this, I'm thinking we'll end up finishing 8-10th.
    Europa or FA cup seems like our best chance of any glory, and that's pushing our luck a bit.
  • Didnt our players have some sort of meeting to kick start the season again?
  • Getting more and more tired and ineffective as the season wears on. Any sort of European football next season unlikely. Hugely disappointing.
  • Useless display. No chance of 4th (probably never had anyway)and I doubt we will finish in the top 8 unless there’s a massive upturn in form. I can see us going out of both the cup and the EL if we continue to play like this.
    I don’t want to hear the typical comments of we got a point, we will go again and it’s still all there to play for
    Every team we play now know how to play us and it’s so so easy for them.
  • Rubbish game. No game changers on the bench. Antonio was poor. Too many sideways passes. No penetration or clear cut chances.

4th spot is gone and would be lucky to finish in the top 6. Better concentrate on one of the cups for the route o Europe.
  • Lukerz said:

Making Moyes call to sign nobody look like a shocker

Think everyone said that at the time

Joke

Moyes deserves criticism he isn't above that
    This is the thing. We all knew what we needed last month as an absolute minimum, but failed to get it. Performances lately shouldn't came as a surprise to anyone, particularly Moyes.
  • edited February 2022
    Our lack of ambition in the transfer window is squarely to blame for our recent performances. If the club can’t be bothered why should the players. I have no illusions about top 4. The only reason we are up there is because we’ve played more games. We’re competing for a top 6 place (maybe).

Another waste of my Saturday morning. Don’t know why I bother waking up early.
  • It’s the same 11, same formation, same outcome every week. Short of magic from Rice or Bowen we’re currently woeful.