West Ham Utd v Newcastle Utd. Saturday 19th February, 12:30pm. BT Sport.

Comments

• Little argument between Benrahma and Moyes there. If the commentators are right and Moyes was saying we need this game and we need to play at a high tempo, the players are really, really not getting that message
  • Pretty sure Benrahma just said 'every time' to Moyes as he came off.

Don't think he's too happy that he's pretty much always the first attacker subbed off.
  • Moyes had every ample opportunity to improve in Jan and didn't think we needed to.
  • alderz said:

Little argument between Benrahma and Moyes there. If the commentators are right and Moyes was saying we need this game and we need to play at a high tempo, the players are really, really not getting that message

Or just don't have the energy. So many players have played so many minutes this season.
  • Pretty sure Benrahma just said 'every time' to Moyes as he came off.

Don't think he's too happy that he's pretty much always the first attacker subbed off.

To be fair to Moyes, if Benrahma wanted to stay on he should have done something to affect the game. For a player with his ability, he goes missing far, far too often. And that's not to say the others don't or haven't today, but it's not like you're amazed he's the one that's gone off.
  • In all honesty, we have been very poor in this game and no improvement in the 2nd half...
  • Benni and moyes had words when he came off according to the beeb
  • Moyes had every ample opportunity to improve in Jan and didn't think we needed to.

I don't think he ever said we didn't need to. He was quite open about wanting players. What he did wrong, IMO, was think that the only way to improve the squad was with a player that would walk into our XI.
  • Have we decided not to play a center forward?
  • Can’t see that Johnson has offered any more than fredericks so far
  • Can’t see that Johnson has offered any more than fredericks so far

True, but I think Fredericks would have been sent off by now.
  • alderz said:

Pretty sure Benrahma just said 'every time' to Moyes as he came off.

To be fair to Moyes, if Benrahma wanted to stay on he should have done something to affect the game. For a player with his ability, he goes missing far, far too often. And that's not to say the others don't or haven't today, but it's not like you're amazed he's the one that's gone off.
    Think the point is Fornals has been equally anonymous as has been for a while yet Bennie is the one to come off

Also Soucek has been terrible as has Antonio

I'd rather keep Bennie on, he's frustrating but at least he tries to do something
  • I don't think Benrahma has been the worse player
  • Antonio puts a cross in for our striker, “oh wait a minute, that’s me!”. Do something to score wes5 Ham!
  • So frustrating that Vlasic has his shirt pulled all over the place, and the ref gives an advantage. I would much, much rather we had been given the set play.
  • Completely ran out of ideas up front. May as well just play for corners now.
  • Antonio puts a cross in for our striker, “oh wait a minute, that’s me!”. Do something to score wes5 Ham!

Now he's taking long throws

Now he's taking long throws
    To be contested against a 6'7 centre back
  • At least Benrahma has tried to make some runs but hasn’t been seen by our players. We are showing no creativity going forward. Just another poor showing with very few attempts at goal.
  • We are so boring to watch now
  • No ideas

No tempo, all too slow

Easy saying where is the front movement but our players are so afraid to try and do something (bar Rice)
  • Johnson not making many overlaps and doesn't really want the ball
  • How on earth is that a yellow for Fornals?
  • I'm done with this game. Fornals booked for winning the ball.
  • 5 more minutes of this dross for Newcastle to score.
  • 5 minutes of stoppage time
  • Oh my god, Dawson heading out for a corner under no pressure
  • Needless corner. Fab not doing enough. Again.
  • The linesman in our half looks about 14
  • This has been woeful to watch

As I said, lucky ASM and Trippier aren't on the pitch