West Ham Utd v Newcastle Utd. Saturday 19th February, 12:30pm. BT Sport.

Comments

• Well that's just ridiculous. So sloppy. Defensively poor AGAIN.
  • Well that’s blown it. You jinxed it by the goal before half time posts.
  • Rice at fault there. Bad time to lose goal.
  • edited February 2022
    Poor defending but deserved, we just don't learn, so many warnings inside our box
  • So rubbish..Rice having a mare...
  • Rice and Soucek have been dreadful today
  • Idk that Rice is having a mare. Some of his passing has been good, and he’s made a couple of good tackles. He’s just really, really messed up that header.
  • Terrible from all around

From the cross in, to the overlap o nthe left to Rice header
  • Woeful from rice
  • That’s typical West Ham lose the lead before half time, Leicester again
  • So that’s Willock getting his first goal since signing, just Wood to go now.

We deserve to lose this.
  • I can’t stand watching a team defend as bad as we do it’s shocking
  • We didn't deserve to be in front but recently we are looking so average it's unreal, IH might comment on our results, but performance wise, when was the last time we played very well????
  • We need another body in midfield where they are constantly outnumbering us
  • Lukerz said:

Rice and Soucek have been dreadful today

They have, but Moyes has to carry some of the blame. Newcastle play a midfield three and we've got with a two.

Your earlier suggestion of Kral making a three would have been the right call, IMO.
  • Attacking wise I think there has been some nice stuff but the centre of midfield is where we are losing
  • alderz said:

Idk that Rice is having a mare. Some of his passing has been good, and he’s made a couple of good tackles. He’s just really, really messed up that header.

He's been very sloppy in general, especially defending, Soucek, similar....IMO
  • Needed to strengthen in Jan but didn't

Squad is too small, we are second to every ball and have been in every game this year and that's down to sharpness which comes with fatigue
  • I am starting to think whether we should offer Soucek a contract. Did he just have one good season as this version looks abysmal. Slow, lethargic, poor touch, doesn’t win headers, poor passes
  • alderz said:

Idk that Rice is having a mare. Some of his passing has been good, and he’s made a couple of good tackles. He’s just really, really messed up that header.

Not his first error in our box today.
  • Lukerz said:

I am starting to think whether we should offer Soucek a contract. Did he just have one good season as this version looks abysmal. Slow, lethargic, poor touch, doesn’t win headers, poor passes

He had a good 18 months

But is a worry both his and coufals form

The two Czechs were integral to our ascent to this level but they have both been DIRE this season, at least we have an option to replace Coufal but Soucek we have nothing
  • Also Fab, I think he should be getting back there to clear the ball. Age catching up with him.
  • Lukerz said:

We need another body in midfield where they are constantly outnumbering us

Agree, this is where they are winning it
  • Lukerz said:

I can’t stand watching a team defend as bad as we do it’s shocking

We go into every game needing to score to just get a point because we offer way too many chances at the back. There's only so many times Bowen can bail us out in the final third.

Anyway, big second half. We ain't done conceding, so I hope the front four step it up.
  • The last game we reacted badly second half to a late goal let’s hope they have learnt from this
  • Fredericks is truly a liability..not convinced that Moyes knows what he's doing re this choice....
    If they had their best players playing, IMO we'd be losing.
  • Still a chance we can win this , but we are lucky Trippier and ASM are missing as we'd he in trouble

Even if we win this, just feels like our season has peetered out, no idea how we are still in the top 4 race

Too many player out of form and Miyes doesn't have the ideas or personnel to change it up

Once the Europa midweek games come along we'll be in big trouble
  • Still a chance we can win this , but we are lucky Trippier and ASM are missing as we'd he in trouble

Even if we win this, just feels like our season has peetered out, no idea how we are still in the top 4 race

Too many player out of form and Miyes doesn't have the ideas or personnel to change it up

Once the Europa midweek games come along we'll be in big trouble

Postponements
  • edited February 2022
    I just want the performance to be better. The front four have clicked well today but Rice & Soucek may as well be sat on the sidelines.

Johnson on for Fredericks to sure that side up & extra body into midfield whether Noble or Kral.
  • edited February 2022
    When you look at the bounce that Lingard gave us last January, and what Trippier has done for Newcastle this time round, it's so frustrating that we didn't get anyone in. Feels like we needed a spark; something fresh to kick us on. Instead the players are looking a bit short of sharpness and ideas. Too often Rice has had the ball in midfield and looking for options, but no-one's really offering.