West Ham Utd v Newcastle Utd. Saturday 19th February, 12:30pm. BT Sport.

Comments

• Johnson is a weird one
  • He speaks very highly of you Ham. =)
  • Dont like Newcastle ,Dont like Howe so we need to win this
  • Really don't know what Moyes is doing at RB, Johnson only lost his place through injury (albeit to our supposed no.1), and now he can't get a start ahead of Fredericks?
  • Maybe trying to get him to sign a new deal
  • I hate feeling confident about a game. It's really uncomfortable. Last time I had it was Leeds at home, and we all know how that ended.

Wood is up there with Wilson and Murray. Always seems to score against us. So we'll need at least two to win I reckon. We have it in us, and we're due a dominant performance.

3 v 1 Irons.
  • Happy to see Fredericks play. He does give us some width & pace which I like.
  • Maybe Fredericks has been better in training than Johnson or something else that we are not aware of. Moyes isn't someone who talks a lot about what goes on behind the scenes
  • Fredericks will free space up for Bowen too.
  • Fredericks is a liability
  • I’m not a fan of Fredericks, but I think we often say on this forum that Johnson is good defensively, but weak offensively. With ASM out, maybe we don’t need the same level of defensive security.

Personally, I’d rather play Johnson, but I can see some logic in it.
  • I have seen him have influential games.
  • I think Fredericks was used in mind to match Saint Maximim speed, had Moyes known he would be out i think he would have gone Johnson.
  • edited February 2022
    'Orrible day outside, I'd like to see a few shots from outside the box. They could swerve and skid along, test the keeper
  • Dawson far too interested in holding Burn than defending the ball there. And if Joelinton goes down then I reckon Rice has fouled him.

Bad start.
  • Nearly gifted them one straight off
  • This hasn't been a pretty start. Conceded two corners and under the pump a bit.

Basically the complete opposite of what we wanted.
  • It’s back to our normal rubbish start. Why can’t we now start as if we mean it.
  • Such a slow, poor start.....
  • Have we completed a pass yet? This has been dire so far.
  • Can't even string a pass together

This start sums up both teams, they're full of confidence and we have lead in our shoes

Last half a dozen games or so we've lost every second ball and 50/50
  • Embarrassing from Fraser. When are these players going to be punishmed for cheating?
  • Officiating poor again. West Ham corner not given despite a clear touch from Krafth.
  • edited February 2022
    Does Benrahma only have one foot?
  • We’ve been better for the past 5 or 6 minutes. Soucek looks really out of form again though. I’ve needs a rest or something
  • Antonio calls for the ball, wins it, then dribbles out of play. Just cannot get anything going again.
  • Struggle to see what Souceks role is atm

He isn't a great passer, can't ping a 30/40 yarder

Hes not sharp enough to get a foot in an break up the play, nor is he quick enough to get carry the ball up the pitch

He was at his best when he is attacking the box but he always seems a couple yards behind where he needs to be and constantly giving away fouls