West Ham Utd v Newcastle Utd. Saturday 19th February, 12:30pm. BT Sport.

Comments

• conference on you tube
  • Howe confirms "it’s likely that Emil Krafth will be drafted in at right-back"

Dubravka
    Krafth Schar Burn Targett
    Willock Shelvey Joelinton
    Fraser Wood St. Maximin
  • Benrahma has to start then. Let him run at Krafth.

Joelinton in midfield? Since when has that been a thing? Is that good for us?
  • edited February 2022

Joelinton has been playing of the left side of a midfield three since 16th December

Lost against City and Liverpool with him playing there, then drew Man U and Watford, won the last three against Leeds, Everton and Villa.
  • Benrahma has to start then. Let him run at Krafth.

Unfortunately Benrahma has stopped running at anyone recently. Howe has played Joelinton in midfield since he got there and he has apparently been a revelation. (Mind he was pretty poor as a striker)
  • So their left side is quite dangerous then. Targett's pretty useful going forward, and ASM we know is a threat.

Coufal benched for this one I hope.
  • Lawro says 2-0 to us. We're in trouble...
  • edited February 2022
    We’ve lost the last 2 at home to them and 3 out of the last 5 so let’s stop the run. They’ve only conceded 3 in their last 5 games.
    Sky have it as 1-2.
  • I think that, whilst this will be a tough game, they have won 3 games against Leeds, Everton & Villa. All bottom half sides. This will be a much bigger test for Newcastle.
  • We want to stay in and around the top four, so every game will be tough. Before we only needed to get to 40 points. Now we we need to take something from every game. I am still nervous tho'.
  • We've lost two of our last nine so it's not all doom and gloom. Both teams need the points for very different reasons. They will come at us which is, in general, what we prefer.

Home win.

COYI
  • I don’t expect them to come at us. That’s certainly not how they’ve approached the last 3 games. Very compact, defensive & hard-working. They’ll take a point today 100%.
  • edited February 2022
    One to watch is Brazilian 24yo DM/CM Bruno Guimaraes, signed from Olympique Lyonnais in January for a rumoured £38m but so far has only been a substitute in the last minutes.

Started 19 out of 21 league games for OL this season and OL topped their group in the Europa League
  • May be worth playing an extra midfielder for this one after Newcastle play a straight 4-3-3. I’d quite like to see how we go with Kral anchoring Soucek & Rice.
  • Lukerz said:

May be worth playing an extra midfielder for this one after Newcastle play a straight 4-3-3. I’d quite like to see how we go with Kral anchoring Soucek & Rice.

Cannot see Moyes playing Kral today…
    Would like to see Benrahma in place of Fornals from last weeks starting 11…⚒️
  • Oh dear, how sad, nevermind. =)
  • That's a boost
  • I said a while back he looked injured on their last game
  • Hamstew said:

I said a while back he looked injured on their last game

HamstewITK 🤔
  • Joelinton on LW, Guimaraes into midfield?

Alternatives are Longstaff or Almiron in midfield, Murphy at LW
  • I think likely to be Murphy on the wing.
  • We’ve lost the last 2 at home to them and 3 out of the last 5 so let’s stop the run. They’ve only conceded 3 in their last 5 games.
    Sky have it as 1-2.

Sky’s is not so much a prediction. It’s that bloke talking about value for money in the betting & he seems to think 4/1 is too good to ignore for an away win, so then says 1-2.
  • edited February 2022
    No Coufal or Lanzini in the squad (injuries).

Zouma, Fredericks, Benrahma start.
  • Fredericks? Over Johnson?
  • Maybe Moyes thought Fredericks' pace v ASM?

But ASM confirmed as missing. That's a big plus for us. No room for complacency though.
  • edited February 2022

Fredericks? Over Johnson?

Maybe thinking about pace of ASM before injury was known?

• Fredericks.....

Moyes doing my head in, persisting with players with one foot out the door and not good enough in the first place

Johnson at LB has been better than Fredericks at RB

Dunno what Johnson has to do to start
  • Murphy in for St.Maximin, Lascelles fit enough for the bench.

Gotta good feeling about this

I swapped a 2pm - 9:40pm shift for a 10:30pm - 7am shift so I could watch the whole match

I believe I am owed a good result for my self sacrifice!