Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• Mrs Grey, I understand Outcast's comment on Brussels, but there are some lovely buildings (seeing your comment on the architecture) and the Grand Place would be a must visit - dotted around it are some of the best restaurants in Europe too - not famous, but excellent food. If you enjoy a beer Belgium is also the home for many, my favourite being Kwak - properly served in an interesting glass:
    http://www.terrafirmabrands.com/files/Bosteels-Kwak-1.jpg

So I would definitely recommend spending a full day there to explore, but you won't need much more! As has been said it is also a great link for the final leg with trains through to London.
  • So, towns and cities in Greece have carnivals to mark the start of Lent. It was last weekend and our little island joins in as best it can with a small population and a limited budget. Our decorations haven't been taken down yet so I took the opportunity to snap these pics when I was out doing my errands this morning. I think they really inspire a Mardi Gras vibe, and are not terrifying at all.
  • edited March 2022
    Ugh, images won't upload from my phone...

Gimme a minute

OK, here you go.

I think you'll agree it was worth the wait.

• I think the suspension from a lamppost adds a certain je ne sais quoi.
  • What are they doing with their hands?
  • edited March 2022
    That's what concerns you?

O.o
  • Ham's going to have a field-day with those 😱😱😱
  • MrsGrey said:

Gimme a minute

OK, here you go.

• MrsGrey, when I saw the first pic, I thought it was laughing at Chelski. =)
  • The lamppost one, are they celebrating lent or Vlad the impaler?
  • MrsGrey said:

Gimme a minute

OK, here you go.

They would frighten the life out of me. Hahaha
  • They are monstrous aren't they. More horror film than fun fiesta. Not helped by their dilapidated appearance. There's a movie pitch in this, I feel.
  • A world record 54 penalties were needed to separate two non-league sides from England's north-east in a marathon cup shootout on Wednesday.

More spot-kicks were taken at the end of the Ernest Armstrong Memorial Cup tie between Washington and Bedlington than there were people watching.

The crowd of 40 were treated to an dramatic 3-3 draw in the 90 minutes before Washington prevailed 25-24. =)
  • Those pictures are wonderful. Loving my new phone and laptop screen savers.
  • I'm sure you could put a better face on those things hahaha
  • Can't wait to see how the island celebrates Halloween. 😱
  • alderz already posted that in the Chelsea thread
  • alderz already posted that in the Chelsea thread

Ooops!…. I still found it funny though!
  • edited March 2022
    alderz said:

I loved Berlin when I was there, would definitely recommend a visit

Me too! One of the best places I've been to. Roughly 9-10 years ago I was travelling back to England and took in Cologne, Berlin and Paris with the ex wife for three weeks. Everyone was friendly in both German cities. I wouldn't recommend France to anyone though. Way too many Frenchies there...
  • MrsGrey said:

I think the suspension from a lamppost adds a certain je ne sais quoi.

Like a WW2 deterrent for collaborating? Ok, I really don't know which part of my brain that manifested from but I am glad its not inside anymore!
  • According to Wikipedia, Ivan Toney is 5’10, and Mark Noble is 5’11. That feels like a lie?
  • I reckon Noble wrote that. 😀
  • alderz said:

According to Wikipedia, Ivan Toney is 5’10, and Mark Noble is 5’11. That feels like a lie?

That would make Toney and inch and a half taller than our academy player Forson (according to transfermarkt’s height for him) - who looks like a toddler when he comes on the pitch
  • Ivan Toney Height Update:

Wikipedia has been amended to 6’2, google says 5’10, apparently FIFA says 6’3, football manager says 6’2 and my brother says “I reckon he’s at least 6’4”.
  • So he's a little giant man or he's a giant little man hahaha
  • I know it's only a puff piece, but 2 Hammers in Garth Crooks team of the week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60730914

Fab and Yarmo make the cut (although Yarmo squeezed into the midfield when he was blatently playing up top).
  • I know it's only a puff piece, but 2 Hammers in Garth Crooks team of the week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60730914

Fab and Yarmo make the cut (although Yarmo squeezed into the midfield when he was blatently playing up top).

Every Monday I do the “choose your own” and I put in every West Ham player available and then fill in the blanks with whoever. 100% a waste of my time yet I just did it again. 6 this week!
This discussion has been closed.