Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Lingard may force the issue with CR7 1/2 joining them
  • I'm a bit disappointed with the photo, where's the bag?
  • Who knows how much money we are prepared to spend?
    Oh that’ll be David Sullivan, do we really believe that he’s going to tell journos and/or ex employees what that figure is?
    Reality check required.
  • Two quality additions, Areola needs to have a bit of patience but Zouma goes directly into the XI and Areola will be between the posts likely for the next 5 years

Nows let's get one (or two) more attacker(s)....please!!
  • Very needed in my view as although I have massive respect for Dawson and how he stepped in last season he does look the weakest link in the chain. Aside from him I don't think we have another weak link. The attacker is needed only because Antonio's fitness cannot be relied upon and we simply have no one on the bench to replace him, even if he is not injured we can't possibly expect him to play the amount of games we will have in the autumn when the cups start, we are only three games in and he was spent with half hour to go today.
  • I think other teams target Dawson as the weak link in the team Zouma will plug that hole in our defence
  • Apparently Moyes to talk to Lingard after their game with Wolves today to put in a 15m bid to try and get him. Seems like the last chance saloon.
  • So IF we sign Lingard where does he fit into the team, who do we drop?
  • So IF we sign Lingard where does he fit into the team, who do we drop?

Fab and play “rush” goalie =)
  • The same applies to anyone we sign. Either we sign players who are merely here as backups and are happy to sit on the bench or we sign players who are good enough for the team and you have competition.
  • Lingard keeps the front four on their toes
  • Lingard will be our Jota, he will cover for all and everyone and likewise if one of the front 4 form dips then they will come out and they'll be the back up

And if two get injured I'm sure we'd go back 3 where we only need 3 front men
  • The biggest player at risk is Benrahma given Moyes still seems not convinced by him, so Lingard would most likely compete for his position, but I think we all except Antonio will need game management & need to be left out of starting 11s here & there so Lingard gets in over him.
  • Cant see any of the front 4 being dropped.
  • Cant see any of the front 4 being dropped.

Bowen or Benni at risk of Lingard signs and that’s a big if
  • Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Lingard displaces Benrahma, Moyes is obviously a big fan of Lingard and I think he still has reservations about Bennie

Hope he has done enough to keep his place, also coupled with Lingard likely being a bit rusty as he has been out with COVID and hasn't played much

But you can't ask for new signings that improve the XI or compete with the XI then get annoyed when they do that
  • Lingard would have to earn his starting place. None of the current 4 should be dropped, but if one of them has a dip in form, Lingard can be given a chance to prove he deserves a run in the team.

It's a bit different with Dawson and Zouma because there's an argument to say that Dawson hasn't played particularly well, so Zouma comes straight in for me, but the front 4 have been so good that they shouldn't be automatically disrupted if/when Lingard signs.
  • Ex patron saying there be some more breaking news that could break today re potential transfers

Most likely would be something around Lingard, but a few links to Hlozek have been making the rounds around Twitter (so probably is nothing)
  • It could be that there are no more transfers. 😤
  • A player is apparantly set to join

He thinks it's Vlasic (23 yesr old attacking midfielder/striker who plays for Moscow) but isn't 100% sure

Club expect to sign two more players this window
  • Interesting fact

After signing Zouma, our net spend is currently 7th highest in the league

And we retained our best player in Rice
  • I don't think any of the front 4 would be 'replaced' as such. We have so many games that there has to be some rotation, especially during cup/Europa weeks.
  • It was interesting that Benrahma was the one Moyes left on yesterday, choosing to take off Fornals and Bowen ahead of him.

I think Benrahma's stock has risen and Moyes trusts him more. You'd have to say Bowen is the most vulnerable to losing his place.

Certainly wouldn't drop him yet for Lingard or another, but he needs to bag a couple of goals or assists. And that's what it's all about - pressuring players to perform.
  • If we get one of Lingard/Vlasic/Hlosek I will be pleased. Get two I will be pleased. Get all three and I will be ecstatic or dreaming!
  • Lingard may be regretting his fight for his place call, vlasic is an exciting option if we get him
  • Hlosek scores a lot of goals😀.
  • Lingard's appeal is his versatility.
  • Lingard's appeal is his versatility.

......he doesn't mind who's bench he sits on! (only joking😉)

• https://www.whoscored.com/Players/343975/Show/Nikola-Vlasic

Would be a decent signing young good at carry the ball technically good
  • I think Bowen's been a bit like Benrahma last season. He's played well but just not had the goal or assist to show for it - though yesterday he was quieter. I think it was a good sign for Benrahma that he stayed on. He had another decent game imo, especially first half. All of that front 4 have played well in these first 4 games though yesterday there was just a little sharpness missing (and we still scored 2).
This discussion has been closed.