Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Lingard on bench again for Utd

• This journalist's come out of nowhere over the past week or two, had tons of updates for Zouma (a few too many)
  • Why would Man Utd sanction a loan deal for Lingard?
  • That guy said they'll give him a new contract. Assume that would have to happen before any loan deal and based on Lingard being open to it. He said Man U wanted £25m plus add ons for a permanent deal - which would be a joke.
  • Probably worth no more than 10mill given he only has less than a year left
  • Man Utd are bluffing because they overestimate how desperate we are for Lingard. Their current position makes no financial sense.

Lingard had a brilliant spell for us but we shouldn’t forget we were doing very well before he came, and have continued to do well since he left.
  • I'm all for signing Vlasic, but if the rumours are correct that it's a £25m deal, then we'll have dropped £60m (including Zouma and the Areola loan fee) this window.

How, then, could we not find a suitable striker if we had that sort of money knocking around?
  • Re Lingard, I reckon we're waiting until January. By then he'll have probably played a couple of League Cup games and had a few late run-outs in the league, will have decided not to sign a new contract and we'll get him for something like £7m.
  • I'm all for signing Vlasic, but if the rumours are correct that it's a £25m deal, then we'll have dropped £60m (including Zouma and the Areola loan fee) this window.

How, then, could we not find a suitable striker if we had that sort of money knocking around?

We could have. We’re signing the players that Moyes wants to sign.
  • I read somewhere he is an attacking midfielder/striker. I know zero about him btw.
  • edited August 2021
    Nikola Vlasics' sister is Blanka Vlasic, a two time World Champion high jumper, double Olympic medalist and has jumped the joint second highest of any female athlete.
  • He was at Everton between 2017 - 2019 - 12 appearance 0 goals according to Wiki

2014–2017 Hajduk Split 86 (11)
    2017–2019 Everton 12 (0)
    2018–2019 → CSKA Moscow (loan) 25 (5)
    2019– CSKA Moscow 61 (23)

Because Moyes has a history bringing in attacking wingers and turning them into strikers

And maybe Vlasic is better than the strikers available for that price

Seems like Moyes has been in total control of transfers this summer, the guys he brings in are his guys so this is probably the guy he wants
  • 23 year old winger who won Russian Premier League player of the season last year

Has experience in Europa and Champions league but also a fairly unsuccessful career at Everton when he was 19/20
  • Vlasic also make very nice Kosher Dill Baby Wholes =)
  • Sign him then Ace, sign him. 😁

• According to Transfermarkt he isn’t really a striker, at all.
  • I watched one of those YouTube reels just to see where he plays and most of the clips were him driving through the middle or one the edge of the box. I think he’s probably just viewed as part of the front 4 rotation. Though he does look quite strong so maybe Moyes thinks he can coach him into a striker. Can see some Arnautovic similarities.
  • He's not too shabby on penalties either.
  • IronHerb said:

Sign him then Ace, sign him. 😁

Signed him up as requested. B)

• Sounds like he plays the role Lingard did for us. A genuine substitute of a fake target to apply pressure to Man Utd possibly?
  • IronHerb said:

Sign him then Ace, sign him. 😁

Signed him up as requested. B)

Don't be a wally......( that's a type of gherkin for those that don't know ) God, you know you've got it wrong when you're explaining your own jokes!
  • Moyes is rumoured to think he represents better value the lingard. Also rumour that we are trying to loan juve left back pellegrini
  • So it looks like Vlasic has been agreed & is all ready for completion but it seems there may be a last minute chat with Lingard & Utd, after today’s game, to see where he is at & any change or heart. We would obvs need to then submit a bit Man Utd deem acceptable. It seems, if not, Vlasic will be signed. Can’t see us getting both.
  • Lukerz, So IF we don't sign Vlasic do you think we can get Lingard on a deal that leaves money available to get at least one more player in before Tuesday's deadline?
  • I think we’ll sign one of Vlasic/Lingard & then another player on loan.
  • I would rather Vlasic. He's younger and wants to join us. Where as we're only Lingards back up.
  • Lukerz said:

So it looks like Vlasic has been agreed & is all ready for completion but it seems there may be a last minute chat with Lingard & Utd, after today’s game, to see where he is at & any change or heart. We would obvs need to then submit a bit Man Utd deem acceptable. It seems, if not, Vlasic will be signed. Can’t see us getting both.

I think this is it. I think Vlasic is being used as leverage almost, to try to force Man Utd to accept our Lingard offer.

To be honest, I just can't see us spending another £25m. I think it'll be Lingard or Barkley on loan. Vlasic seems almost too good to be true.
  • The idea that we’d spend £45m-£50m on two signings doesn’t seem unreasonable to me, given most reports said we had between £45m and £75m in total. Moyes wants quality over quantity, and you have to pay for quality. The only reason the club won’t pay that for Lingard is because it’s a crazy fee for a 28 year old with a year in their contract.

That said, I’ve never seen Vlasic play, so I struggle to see him as ‘too good to be true’, personally.
This discussion has been closed.