Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Hamstew said:

Who could 8 a shirt number?

Crystal Palace have shirt numbers =)
  • Ace, Rumours are that they will be giving out a new shirt number to a striker before 11pm tomorrow.
  • A few reports there is no offer on the table for Lingard. Surely we have made an offer at some point during no the summer?
  • Ace, Rumours are that they will be giving out a new shirt number to a striker before 11pm tomorrow.

What do they want a striker for, they have scored 10 goals in 3 games. =)
  • Lukerz said:

A few reports there is no offer on the table for Lingard. Surely we have made an offer at some point during no the summer?

Hard to know what's really gone on with Lingard. If I had to guess, I'd say that we've kept asking Man Utd to be sensible and they've kept asking for £25-£30M.

They've overestimated how much we want him and now they're going to lose him on a free next summer or give him a new contract and pay his wages for another year or two, for basically no play time.
  • Lukerz said:

A few reports there is no offer on the table for Lingard. Surely we have made an offer at some point during no the summer?

Still about 29 hours to go. Plenty of time yet.

Ex has taken tomorrow of work, apparently, to concentrate on deadline day news.

It's going to be an exciting day, I can feel it in my bones.
  • Croatia manager said earlier that Vlasic is flying to London, so that one is looking very likely.

EDIT: He also said that Vlasic deserves a 'big club'. I hope he runs into Bilic sometime soon so Slav can set him straight.
  • EDIT: He also said that Vlasic deserves a 'big club'. I hope he runs into Bilic sometime soon so Slav can set him straight.

Slav's in

• Lukerz said:

Still about 29 hours to go. Plenty of time yet.

Ex has taken tomorrow of work, apparently, to concentrate on deadline day news.

It's going to be an exciting day, I can feel it in my bones.
    Has he got any more itk stuff on the big shirt number debate?We need to know.

• The Tagliafico rumours were quashed, but now Nico Schira is saying the deal will happen soon.

Now either he just hasn't read Twitter for the last couple of hours so hasn't seen the numerous denials, or he genuinely knows something that others don't. Or, of course, he's sticking with the original rumour on the off-chance that it'll happen.
  • edited August 2021
    Huddersfield rumoured to be signing Odubeko on a season-long loan.

Would be good for the lad, and hopefully he'll benefit from it. I know he's the only other striker at the club, but he's not ready for the PL yet from what I've seen, so I think it's a good move more him and us.
  • I can't believe the defender rumours. I just can't see any logic that this is a priority over a striker.
  • Perhaps we will be surprised and get what we all wanted.... CB (In the bag), LB, Lingard/Vlasic and a striker
  • Leeds apparently close to signing Daniel James from Man Utd for £30M.

That is madness.
  • Watching the transfer show and no mention at all on Vlasic to West Ham. Not sure that's a good or bad thing.
  • No one go to bed
  • Watching the transfer show and no mention at all on Vlasic to West Ham. Not sure that's a good or bad thing.

Sky are only concerned by the clubs involved in the super league like United, PSG, chelsea etc.

It’s such a done deal that they’re not even bothering now.

Something like that.
  • steve, Try as I might I can't stay up from now until 11pm tomorrow night. =)
  • Dont want Lingard now ,He had his chance
  • Huddersfield rumoured to be signing Odubeko on a season-long loan.

Would be good for the lad, and hopefully he'll benefit from it. I know he's the only other striker at the club, but he's not ready for the PL yet from what I've seen, so I think it's a good move more him and us.

Apparently we've extended his contract by a year to 2023 and he's gone out on loan for a year; seems sensible as he tears it up for the u23s, but looked dreadful when he played for the first team.
  • He needs experience at a higher level

Ex has given a update
    - Still final details about Vlasic over the fee but club expect his medical tomorrow
    - Lingard not likely, to go down to the wire
    - Coventry going to go on loan, some championship clubs interested
    - Coventry is leaving as we are after a loan signing for CM, Ruben Loftus-Cheek is a potential target
    - some French forwards being explored for loans with options to buy

• Talk of Loftus-Cheek possibly coming in on loan and Coventry going out to the Championship.

Would be ok with that; Loftus-Cheek is a good player and would be a good deputy for SouDec (assuming he can stay fit) and it would give Coventry a season of senior football at a decent level.
  • I've wanted Loftus-Cheek for a couple of seasons.
  • Huddersfield rumoured to be signing Odubeko on a season-long loan.

And here it is "Mipo Odubeko signs new West Ham United contract and joins Huddersfield Town on loan" https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/august/30-august/mipo-odubeko-signs-new-west-ham-united-contract-and-joins

Hope it works out for the lad.
  • I've wanted Loftus-Cheek for a couple of seasons.

I'm pretty sure alderz was very pro-RLC, too.

But that would mean you two agreed about something 🤔

• I'm pretty sure alderz was very pro-RLC, too.

But that would mean you two agreed about something 🤔

The end of the world is nigh I tell you.
  • I am pro RLC, I really liked him pre-Fulham loan. Last year he really didn’t do a lot, so I’m not completely sold but a loan would be good cover for us. Pretty sure he also could play up front…
  • Here’s a thing that winds me up: I saw the Odubeko loan on Instagram, and I thought “I wonder what the fans think of this” so clicked onto the comments. Not a single “wish him well” in sight, not any “but he’s our only backup striker?” It was just wall too wall “announce Vlasic”. Football fans on social media are the worst
This discussion has been closed.