Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Lukerz said:

Man Utd give Lingard a two year deal, we sign him on loan for the season with obligation to buy for £20m next summer. Win-win all round.

at that point why not do a Benrahma and just do a loan with obligation to buy at 20m, why would he need to sign a new deal ?
  • Lukerz said:

Man Utd give Lingard a two year deal, we sign him on loan for the season with obligation to buy for £20m next summer. Win-win all round.

at that point why not do a Benrahma and just do a loan with obligation to buy at 20m, why would he need to sign a new deal ?
    Because his contract is done unless he signs a new deal - we wouldn't have to buy him. Benrahma had time left on his contract.
  • Makes sense
  • It may be that he doesn't want commit to us beyond this year as knows Rice may well be off next summer. The best deal for Lingard is to see out his contract as then he can do whatever he wants and probably make more money also as the next club won't need pay a fee so his wages will rocket.
  • edited August 2021
    Man Utd want a fee for Lingard.

West Ham want Lingard, but are not prepared to pay the current asking price.

Man Utd know Lingard can walk next summer for free. They know he is not in their plans this season & beyond.

Lingard wants regular football, but is undecided whether he wants to commit to a side that isn’t Man Utd/in the north/west. It is clear he will not get many minutes based on the first 3 games & the additional signings.

It makes sense for all parties for Lingard to join on loan, with or without a permanent option, but Lingard also signs a one-year extension in that time period.

Watch this space.
  • Ha ha just seen we are linked to rondon again must be a mertasacker story next
  • I’d only assume it means Moyes didn’t want him if so. Which is good enough for me.
  • I doubt if Fornals will be willing to give up his preferred no. 8 shirt which he wore at Hadjuk Split and CSKA. He wears no. 13 for Croatia so not lacking in self confidence

Not that squad numbers mean much (to most), but it'll be interesting to see what we do with the No11 shirt. Vlasic won't get 8 or 13, but you would imagine 11 would appeal to an attacking midfielder.

But I would imagine we're holding that back for Lingard. If Vlasic signs today and is holding the No11 shirt, Lingard's not happening.
    The no.11 shirt is obviously going to Mason Greenwood who rather spoilt the surprise with his crossed hammers goal celebration yesterday . Clearly Moyes is only talking to Lingard to find out what MG is like training and in the dressing room. =)
  • Apparently we have agreed a £12m deal for Ajax LB Tagliafico
  • Quickly looks player up on transfer market and you tube 😁
  • so many players i do wonder how many of these are just agent talk to get a deadline day contract with their current clubs.
  • I'm just waiting for " Sky sports news understand" then it must be true!
  • Tagliafico would be a quality addition

Quote similar to Cresswell, he's a defensive minded LB

But can work at LCB and LWB (going off his skillset)

Let's see if it is a genuine kove or nonsense talk
  • https://www.whoscored.com/Players/83809/Show/Nicolás-Tagliafico

If we get him I think he fits the bill for what we need good on the ball, good crosser can carry the ball likes a tackle , early days yet need to agree personal terms first and he needs to agree to come . Let’s hope he does not talk to Haller first
  • Ex says nothing doing with Tagliafico.

Club has no more money to spend after Vlasic.

But then if Ajax still owe us for Haller, then maybe we don't need to actually spend money on him... 🤔
  • File under believe it when I see it …
  • I doubt if Fornals will be willing to give up his preferred no. 8 shirt which he wore at Hadjuk Split and CSKA. He wears no. 13 for Croatia so not lacking in self confidence

Not that squad numbers mean much (to most), but it'll be interesting to see what we do with the No11 shirt. Vlasic won't get 8 or 13, but you would imagine 11 would appeal to an attacking midfielder.

But I would imagine we're holding that back for Lingard. If Vlasic signs today and is holding the No11 shirt, Lingard's not happening.
    Blimey , we’re now discussing shirt numbers.
    Dear Lord.

• When's the striker coming
  • 7-10 months
  • Or 7-10 hours
  • While the signings are obviously the main attraction, I think it has to be stated that a massive plus from this window is that, barring something dramatic these next two days, we've managed to keep Rice

In a summer where Villa & Southampton have lost their key men in Grealish & Ings (plus Brighton/Norwich with White/Buendia) that's a major bonus
  • More signings on the way it seems
  • edited August 2021
    What time is the deadline tomorrow
  • Slacker said:

I doubt if Fornals will be willing to give up his preferred no. 8 shirt which he wore at Hadjuk Split and CSKA. He wears no. 13 for Croatia so not lacking in self confidence

Blimey , we’re now discussing shirt numbers.
    Dear Lord.

Feel free to ignore it if it's of no interest to you.
  • edited August 2021
    I love a shirt number
  • Who could 8 a shirt number?
This discussion has been closed.