Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Ronaldo to manure. That means even less playing time for lingard. Good for us?
  • What with Grielish going to City and Ronaldo to United I doubt that the pundits will even register the existence of any team outside of Manchester this year.
  • Ronaldo to manure. That means even less playing time for lingard. Good for us?

I'd love to see OGS try and sell the idea to Lingard that he is in his plans. He has signed Sancho and Ronaldo.......
  • So Zouma apart from when he had the cruciate ligament damage has missed 13 games in 9 seasons.
    We have players miss more than that each season.
  • And they still have Martial. Rashford and Greenwood are there. That kid Amad Diallo wanting a chance as well.
  • They must have known he had a previous knee injury, before entering negotiations.

Sorry but the whole thing is boring now. I expected us to have at least one outfield signing by the 28th August but no.
  • Zouma has been out injured for just 15 days since November 2016 when he returned from 9 months off with a cruciate ligament rupture. He probably didn't even know he had a knee problem until the medical picked it up.

On the plus side what chance of Lingard getting playing time if Man U sign Ronaldo?
  • edited August 2021
    We don’t really have enough time now to be being too fussy. We have a game tomorrow where the focus of the club/Moyes will be, then it’s Sunday where it is notoriously quiet & then we’re into the final 48 hours, of which one is a bank holiday.
  • edited August 2021
    Caleta-Car was supposedly the back-up, and a deal was in place for him to sign. However, Wolves are reported to be bidding for him so we may not even get our Plan B.
  • What does that mean? Presumably a journalist asked him? So who's going to be able to 'embargo' that.

Or is it an internal interview and the board have put the mockers on it?

Or is it just Central on the wind up again?
  • Possibly number 3
  • Lukerz said:

We don’t really have enough time now to be being too fussy. We have a game tomorrow where the focus of the club/Moyes will be, then it’s Sunday where it is notoriously quiet & then we’re into the final 48 hours, of which one is a bank holiday.

Some of us work on Bank Holidays...

• Yeah I used to as well. But they were different hours and the public transport I used to get was more sporadic too, slowing things down in general.
  • Lukerz said:

Yeah I used to as well. But they were different hours and the public transport I used to get was more sporadic too, slowing things down in general.

So lingard might miss the bus.
  • edited August 2021
    There is a story on one of the websites stating DM doesn’t want Origi but there is a difference in opinion within the club on whether to sign him?
  • Then two come along at once!
  • Never a dull moment being a Hammers fan ⚒️😂
  • What the odds we genuinely get to Wednesday with the same squad as now?
  • I think I’ll save my own knickerwisting ‘til about 11.15 on Tuesday.
  • I think we need to move on from Zouma. What frustrates me is that he was clearly the man Moyes wanted, but the owners look like failing him.
  • Lukerz said:

I think we need to move on from Zouma. What frustrates me is that he was clearly the man Moyes wanted, but the owners look like failing him.

Do we really know that though?

• The bag is arriving at 10:29, then all will be revealed.
  • Lukerz said:

I think we need to move on from Zouma. What frustrates me is that he was clearly the man Moyes wanted, but the owners look like failing him.

Move on? Really? Why don't we just see how things play out. I am 99.99% sure Zouma will sign.

Remember it was 'off' yesterday and then all of a sudden it was back on. I think there's very little reliable information out there.
  • SSN are saying that CFC want Kounde from Sevilla but they have upped his price which they are reluctant to pay. They understand they won’t let Zouma leave if he doesn’t sign.
  • SSN have re-published their Zouma to West Ham story about five times, covering off every conceivable base. They seem to get most of their news from Twitter ITKs and the clickbait-y tabloid stories.

Silly season have got even more ridiculous the last few years.
  • Ex saying Moyes is not prepared to sign a striker
  • Lukerz said:

Ex saying Moyes is not prepared to sign a striker

What?
  • "You can't not sign another forward can you?"

"There's a really good chance we don't sign a centre-forward, a really good chance we don't get one. That's a fact and I've been saying that all along. The quality of the centre forwards required to come in. So there's a good chance we don't get one but we might try and find a way of getting more goals in the team from other positions like, like get Said to get us goals and we've got Bowen to those goals already get the goals. They're not out and out number nines so we may look to see if we can do that as well from, from other areas."

"What would be the reasons behind you not signing a striker?"

"I'm really desperate to sign a forward but from what we can get, and what we've been offered - at the moment I'm not quite getting it. It's either the cost is too much, or they're not available. I hope we find someone but I certainly haven't got any guarantees that's for sure."
This discussion has been closed.