Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Make rooma for Zouma.

I'm proud of everyone on this forum for not pressing "Made Me Laugh" on this
  • alderz said:

Make rooma for Zouma.

I'm proud of everyone on this forum for not pressing "Made Me Laugh" on this
    Button must be broken. Seems like the shenanigans of a bitter mod to me.
  • Class signing (if it happens) , you see the response form the Chelsea fans, they all love him and think we're getting a great deal

Unfortunately he has to isolate for 10 days (apparantly) hen he returns but this is another good move
  • If true, that means he hasn't been double vaccinated. Which can result in more isolation and restrict availability ( potentially) during the season.
  • He has been called up to the France squad & is in France now, so I imagine he will stay there, miss Palace & return for game week 4. Apparently he does not need to isolate if he stays in France & goes with the French squad, as he is going into a bubble.
  • edited August 2021
    Don't think bubbles are relevant. It's vaccine status + England rules on amber list countries.
    No quarantine for amber returnees fully vaccinated. Quarantine only required if not fully vaccinated.
  • Why is he in France now? I must have missed that.
  • MrsGrey said:

Don't think bubbles are relevant. It's vaccine status + England rules on amber list countries.
    No quarantine for amber returnees fully vaccinated. Quarantine only required if not fully vaccinated.

There is an exemption I think for sports related personnel
  • Why is he in France now? I must have missed that.

Some sort of family leave was granted
  • Lukerz said:

MrsGrey said:

There is an exemption I think for sports related personnel
    Gotcha :+1:
  • MrsGrey said:

Don't think bubbles are relevant.

That's rather unkind MrsGrey. ;)
  • I very much doubt we are dropping a 6 figure salary on Zouma

Who cares? Sign him, he’s an improvement.
  • Ironherb, the rest of the squad probably will be. 👍
  • In theory I guess his salary will be what in the region of what we are no longer paying Anderson, lets hope he provides better value for money. If we could have found a buyer for Yarmalenko that would probably have met Lingard's demands meaning the wages may not have changed too much over this window.
  • The reported weekly £125k salary for Zouma would create tensions. Aren't Rice, Soucek, Coufal, Fornals worth the same or more? This website https://www.spotrac.com/epl/chelsea-fc/payroll/ says that at Chelsea Zouma was on £46k. so I can't see WHU giving him £125k.
    Also odd that the medical is in Paris whilst the hope is that he can be registered by tomorrow noon to make him eligible for inclusion in the squad to face Palace and in principle be ready to play. That would mean that he could play without any training sessions, which is not in line with Moyes' approach. I guess, he would not play until after the international break.
  • I can't see us giving him treble his current wage
  • And I'm not bothered if he's not registered or not.
    I like Dawson, he might commit the odd faux pas.
    But not sure Zouma if becomes a Hammer should walk straight into the team, whether he's on double their wages or what.....
  • But many post their disappointment over failed transfer attempts. If we’re going to progress then we pay the price.

• I'm sure ex reported it would be about 80k per week.
  • 80k sounds more likely. The issue with wages is they are decided by need and competition, and the fact that different players are at different points in their career. I have no doubt Rice would be made the highest earner should he agree a new contract, but the one is on at present was his first team break through contract. Coufal didn't have many options it would appear, hence the lack of competition meaning our package didn't need set the world alight, his next contract would be considerably higher if he retains his form.

Zouma has come from Chelsea and needed persuading to a degree I would imagine.
  • Wonder if he's related to Monty 🤭
  • I’m amazed Will Hughes is going to Palace for only £6m. I really like him, I think he’s great on the ball and for that sort of price he’d be an excellent option in midfield for us.
  • Agree Alderz, that's the kind of backup that's worth going for. Not seen him recently but rated him a couple of years ago.
  • Less fussed about a midfielder who would likely sit on the bench… We IMO need a back up striker 👍🏻
  • I mean, I’m fussed about a lot of stuff. My opinion is that we’re about 5-6 players light for competing on 4 fronts. It’s just a matter of how high you prioritise them.

I’m not going to say back up or first choice just that a position needs more depth. CM is number 3 for me and Hughes for £6m would do the job.

1 and 2 are striker and left back.
  • edited August 2021
    I always want us to have a good cup run but this year we might have to rely on youth, led by Noble. You can also still stick Diop, Fredericks, Lanzini, Yarmolenko (plus Johnson) into a cup team and hope some of the youngsters like Coventry can prove themselves but I don't think we've got the squad to play too many first XI players. We'll have Areola to play in goal as well. The Europa opportunity is too rare to not go for it - it's a tournament of teams like Leicester who are very good but we proved last season we can beat.
  • eski 👍🏻

For me it’s striker and centre mid
This discussion has been closed.