Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    £30m is ridiculous for a near-29-year-old in the last year of their contract.

I make Sullivan right to keep away from that deal.

£20m is probably the max I'd want us to go to, particularly if Bamba and Vlasic are available at £25m.
  • I definitely feel we should hang in there as long as possible. I think Jesse is the perfect signing in a forward area. He knows the club, has a relationship with the fans & players, is Premier League proven (albeit slightly older than other players we have been linked with). There will come a cut off where we will need to pursue an alternative & sign them, moving on from Lingard, but I'm not sure we're at that stage yet.
  • No, I suspect Sullivan and Moyes are prepared to wait until Tuesday. Man Utd risk losing £20m on a player that can walk away for nothing in 12 months time, and I can't see them doing that.
  • edited August 2021
    I think if he stays Man Utd will back themselves to get him tied down to a new deal over the next 12 months to ensure he doesn't go for free. Remember Lingard seems to want to remain at United & force his way into the side. It wouldn't cost them much to renew his deal on similar terms.
  • Lukerz said:

It wouldn't cost them much to renew his deal on similar terms.

Apart from the fact that they could end up paying upwards of £10m in wages over 2 years to a player that they're unlikely to use much if at all.
  • Lukerz, if he really wanted to be here, he probably would. Let him sit on the bench at old triffid
  • At this point might as well hang in until dead line day.
  • Lukerz said:

It wouldn't cost them much to renew his deal on similar terms.

Apart from the fact that they could end up paying upwards of £10m in wages over 2 years to a player that they're unlikely to use much if at all.
    They basically do that with Phil Jones, Juan Mata, Dalot, Telles, Bailly, I'm sure another won't bother them who they will utilise in Europe & the cups.
  • But they are all players Man Utd are desperate to get rid of, and can’t because of the high wages. Not sure they will be keen to continue that for no reason.

Not selling a reserve to us for £20m will cost them more than the extra £10m they seem to want, in the wages they’ll have to pay Lingard or in the lack of a transfer fee next summer.
  • Lukerz, I reckon that’s very excessive. Do we have that amount of money if the transfer pot is really only £45 million?

Excessive is Real Madrid, a skint team in Spain, offering €137m for Mbappe who only has a year on his contract.
  • It would be crazy for him to sign a new deal if he wants to play football. They will let him go now or in January at the latest.
  • I still don't think he's a bang on certainty to come here , even if he does leave. I can see someone like Everton making a move once it's known he's available
  • Tweets being shown on KUMB say the Zouma deal is off, possibly because we're trying to change the payment terms.

If true, you couldn't make it up.
  • Maybe true, perhaps some WUM's keeping themselves amused, time will tell.
  • edited August 2021
    Zouma deal off
  • I am getting a bit frustrated now

I said a few weeks ago I was confident we would sign the players needed, after this news I am not now sure

Only a few days left & not close to anybody it seems
  • Who says it's off?

Lukerz
  • I've seen loads of chat that it's off but nothing from anyone reliable yet. Basically nothing from Ex.
  • And that chat has now changed to "it's back on" as hard as it is I'd just wait and see.
  • I’ve just seen loads of people battering the owners online because some random journalist said the deal was off and then a different one said it was back on. People saying we’re a circus, and the owners should be forced out. I don’t understand how people are so taken in by ITK social media accounts.
  • Hamstew said:

And that chat has now changed to "it's back on" as hard as it is I'd just wait and see.

It can’t be back on - Lukerz said it’s off.
  • Whats off................... =)
  • Lukerz, is it on or off? Do tell.
  • edited August 2021
    The majority of these " In the know's" appear to know nothing. I'd be better off asking my Mum
  • Unless your mum is one of those posting.
  • ahhh, I never thought of that
  • edited August 2021
    Dipped out of Twitter for an hour or so and came back to this.

So reading between the lines, the accusation seems to be that Sullivan agreed to pay the Zouma fee up front, but knowing how desperate they are to get rid of him to be able to buy Kounde, Sullivan has tried to renegotiate the terms of the deal (to installments, presumably).

Apparently that's what he did (successfully) with Benrahma (that deal wobbled at the last minute, too) so may be trying it again.

Maybe time to watch the Caleta-Car You Tube highlights in preparation for Plan B...
  • IronHerb said:

Lukerz, is it on or off? Do tell.

I don’t know what you are on about, I never said anything…
This discussion has been closed.